Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Question of bringing beach chairs on United

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Question of bringing beach chairs on United

does anyone know if you can check a beach chair on airline? does it have to be in a box or can you just tie it so it doesn't open and check it like that?

Aruba since 1979
    on swa, they must be boxed.
    if you are on SWA, the beach chairs are placed in cartons for you and counts as a free checked bag.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we fly united. we don't have SWA from Newark. I don't think United is that accommodating to provide us with cartons. we're lucky they let us on the plane, lol

flying united out of Newark in the morning. I will try my best to remember to ask
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    would u like me to change the title of this thread to "Question of bringing beach chairs on United?"
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    we fly united. we don't have SWA from Newark. I don't think United is that accommodating to provide us with cartons. we're lucky they let us on the plane, lol

First, thanks Jacki. Andrea, whatever you think is best.

me too......

you know Andrea, I decided to try United like you suggested. And they actually did have a section labeled "cargo". Okay so they list what can be put in cargo, right? so below I put the link on their site. Of course they don't exactly list beach chairs so I'm not sure if its okay or its not cause its not listed. maybe someone can figure this out, lol. I can't figure out if something needs to be boxed or not and unlike SWA, they don't offer anything. Even their list is written kind of nasty, lol. And if we have to put a beach chair in a box, I'm not sure how to do that since they always have the top part that sticks out so you can lay it flat. Why doesn't Aruba have beach chairs that are in like the $40 dollar range? And if so, where are they? Isn't there anyone on this forum who actually lives in Aruba and knows where to get basic, cheap reclining beach chairs? Id rather buy them there.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ge/sports.aspx

Aruba since 1979
    maybe the folks who frequent the section "aruba property owners" mght be able to answer your question of "where to buy reasonably priced beach chairs"
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LHCC2II?psc=1
    these chairs fit into the SWA carton.
    my guess is that the United carton would be similar.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-06-2015 at 03:39 PM.

What about those one with the carrying case and stick them in a duffle bag with some of your stuff...
    I know we bring them on cruises with floats, half moons (sun shelters I got at Aldis) don't like to have to pay $40.00 a day to "borrow"
    for a few hours..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast