Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for the seasoned aruba travelers

Banned
    Booze in Aruba is 53% more than the NH package store, it adds up fast, just go to Lings website and NH Packy website and do the math, Lings is all priced in .75 Liters.

absolut 750 ml. NH 17.49- Lings 21.59. As much as I love the prices in NH $4.00 is not worth it for me and once again, its a bottle per person or you might be paying the $4.00 many times over.

Our experience entering Aruba recently is no duty on one liter per person 16 or older. Otherwise, $11 each liter.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I always bring food, last year it was my sauce (frozen) and some frozen calzones in my carryon they were fine.. still frozen when we arrived. Will do the same this year.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Okay... lots of info regarding frozen food. Now, if I may, a question about carbonated drinks... specifically cider. If I pack it in my luggage, will the pressure changes in the cargo hold affect the cans, as in bursting in my suitcase?
    This may sound a bit dim, but I can't help but wonder....
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    Okay... lots of info regarding frozen food. Now, if I may, a question about carbonated drinks... specifically cider. If I pack it in my luggage, will the pressure changes in the cargo hold affect the cans, as in bursting in my suitcase?
    This may sound a bit dim, but I can't help but wonder....
    I always bring back a few cans of Balashi beer packed away in my suitcase, and never had a problem. Of course, I put it in a plastic bag just in case.

Aruba since 1979
    as silly as this sounds, cider is made from apples and briniging that in may not be allowed????

Cargo holds are pressurised, not heated unless there are live animals aboard and then the unheated holds still have some heat so it probably does not go below 32 Degrees. Cider is processed and probably if canned, pastuerised, no problem.

For you fish lovers

HI EVERY ONE, WE DON'T TAKE FOOD TO ARUBA. (MAYBE TUNA IN THE FOIL PKS.)
    BUT, WHEN WE COME HOME WE BRING GROUPER FROM LINGS. LING WILL PACKAGE THE FISH IN PLASTIC. THEN WE FREEZE THE FISH AT OUR CONDO. WRAP THE FISH IN TOWELLS AND PACKED THE GROUPER IN OUR BAGS. STILL FROZEN WHEN WE GOT HOME. WE ARE FROM MICHIGAN YOU CAN'T GET GOOD GOUPER HERE. JUST AN IDEA FOR THE REAL FISH LOVERS.
    JERRY AND CINDY

Aruba since 1979
    you have been lucky to have your aruba grouper in michigan.
    i love grouper!

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by CINDYA View Post
    HI EVERY ONE, WE DON'T TAKE FOOD TO ARUBA. (MAYBE TUNA IN THE FOIL PKS.)
    BUT, WHEN WE COME HOME WE BRING GROUPER FROM LINGS. LING WILL PACKAGE THE FISH IN PLASTIC. THEN WE FREEZE THE FISH AT OUR CONDO. WRAP THE FISH IN TOWELLS AND PACKED THE GROUPER IN OUR BAGS. STILL FROZEN WHEN WE GOT HOME. WE ARE FROM MICHIGAN YOU CAN'T GET GOOD GOUPER HERE. JUST AN IDEA FOR THE REAL FISH LOVERS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast