Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hvy747
  • 1 Post By Chadd

Thread: quick departure from EWR

quick departure from EWR

Quick story about our flight from Newark last month to Aruba. A mechanic was requisted, oh boy... , well we pushed out 3 minutes late from the gate. We taxied up the taxiway and then I see we are turning around and heading back the same taxiway, and of all of a sudden we make a right turn and proceed to the inactive runway 11 and taxied to the active runway 22R, we taxied into position and waited, and then we were off heading south. As we climbed to cruising altitude the pilot came on and thanked the VIP on board for getting us out, bypassing 16 planes sitting, waiting for departure on the taxiway. As I was sitting there, yup its me , the VIP....lol....I have no idea who it was, maybe my friend in Aruba ATC, but it was great not waiting 30 minutes.

Aruba since 1979
    hahahaha well how awesome was that!?!?!

i wonder who the VIP was. was it you?
    Quote Originally Posted by hvy747 View Post
    Quick story about our flight from Newark last month to Aruba. A mechanic was requisted, oh boy... , well we pushed out 3 minutes late from the gate. We taxied up the taxiway and then I see we are turning around and heading back the same taxiway, and of all of a sudden we make a right turn and proceed to the inactive runway 11 and taxied to the active runway 22R, we taxied into position and waited, and then we were off heading south. As we climbed to cruising altitude the pilot came on and thanked the VIP on board for getting us out, bypassing 16 planes sitting, waiting for departure on the taxiway. As I was sitting there, yup its me , the VIP....lol....I have no idea who it was, maybe my friend in Aruba ATC, but it was great not waiting 30 minutes.

yeah it would be cool to find out who that person was and thank him/her !!!! that waiting on the runway be it 10minutes or 45minutes is nerve racking !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hahahaha well how awesome was that!?!?!

i wonder who the VIP was. was it you?

I wish I had that kind of pull, my gut feeling tells me there was a controller on board or family member.

Would air traffic controllers give preference to an airline bigwhig? If not....HAD to be a U.S. government employee...FAA, TSA, CBP, State Department, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services...

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Would air traffic controllers give preference to an airline bigwhig? If not....HAD to be a U.S. government employee...FAA, TSA, CBP, State Department, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services...
    OK OK, it was me .......

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    More often than not, it's someone that works in the tower (or a friend) on the airplane. Normally a truly high level government employee will fly on one of the government bizjets.