Aruba Beach

Thread: Read your confirmation email closely!

Read your confirmation email closely!

When we got back from Thanksgiving travels there was a message from USAirways asking us to call them about a schedule change to the reservations we made in May. I called and the agent sort of fumbled around and said the change was that the flight left Syracuse at 8:15 AM instead of 8:20. I said OK and asked for an email confirmation. I received it promptly and looked at it quickly, and yep the departure was a little different. For some reason I opened the email again an hour later and while scanning it saw a flight date of Dec 5 vs the Dec 4 that we were scheduled for. On closer reading, saw that the first flight was 8:15 AM from Syracuse on Dec 4, but the second flight was from Charlotte on Dec 5! I called USAirways back and asked the agent about this. After much confusion, she decided this was indeed correct. USAirways had changed schedules and there were no options to get from Syracuse to Aruba on the same day. I said I could go from Albany also and she said that wasn't possible either. She was able to get us out of Syracuse the afternoon of Dec 3 and then leave CLT at 9:37 AM on Dec 4. Luckily this schedule fit our plans and will only cost us the expense of 1 night in a hotel and dinner for the overnight in Charlotte. I still find it hard to believe that you can't get from SYR to AUA in one day! I also noticed that the return flights were changed so that it takes 3 hops (AUA-CLT-DCA-SYR) to get in at 5 min after midnight. So look over your reservations carefully...and don't believe everything the agent tells you. If I had noticed this when I checked in the day before the flight, it might have caused problems. We're just happy to be back on schedule, sort of anyways.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

Aruba since 1979
    glad that you read the confirmation again.
    whew! this is the cause of unnecessary stress and worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPhT Nancy View Post
    When we got back from Thanksgiving travels there was a message from USAirways asking us to call them about a schedule change to the reservations we made in May. I called and the agent sort of fumbled around and said the change was that the flight left Syracuse at 8:15 AM instead of 8:20. I said OK and asked for an email confirmation. I received it promptly and looked at it quickly, and yep the departure was a little different. For some reason I opened the email again an hour later and while scanning it saw a flight date of Dec 5 vs the Dec 4 that we were scheduled for. On closer reading, saw that the first flight was 8:15 AM from Syracuse on Dec 4, but the second flight was from Charlotte on Dec 5! I called USAirways back and asked the agent about this. After much confusion, she decided this was indeed correct. USAirways had changed schedules and there were no options to get from Syracuse to Aruba on the same day. I said I could go from Albany also and she said that wasn't possible either. She was able to get us out of Syracuse the afternoon of Dec 3 and then leave CLT at 9:37 AM on Dec 4. Luckily this schedule fit our plans and will only cost us the expense of 1 night in a hotel and dinner for the overnight in Charlotte. I still find it hard to believe that you can't get from SYR to AUA in one day! I also noticed that the return flights were changed so that it takes 3 hops (AUA-CLT-DCA-SYR) to get in at 5 min after midnight. So look over your reservations carefully...and don't believe everything the agent tells you. If I had noticed this when I checked in the day before the flight, it might have caused problems. We're just happy to be back on schedule, sort of anyways.