Aruba Beach

Thread: Residence Line At Airport.

Residence Line At Airport.

Does anyone know if you own a home on the island, but not a resident, are we able to go through the resident line in customs apon arrival?

Aruba since 1979
    Technically no.

Quite often if that line is short or non existent, the immigration agent will wave non residents over to that area.

We have gone thru that line a few times.

Just to avoid confusion, it is immigration and not customs you are speaking of right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim nel View Post
    Does anyone know if you own a home on the island, but not a resident, are we able to go through the resident line in customs apon arrival?

I have used that line ever since we built our house. The people at that counter have always been pleasant and never gave us a problem about using that line. Now that I have my resident permit, it's no problem and they always welcome me home. . . .

Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

The last time I came back to Aruba, there was a long line at immigration. The resident line was long with non residents. The supervisor came over and asked if there were any residents in the line. She took us over to another computer. The woman in front of me said she was a resident, but when we got to the computer and was asked for her papers, she did not have residency, but did own a home. The supervisor told her that she was not allowed to use the resident line. I asked about residents using the non resident lines because the previous trip I went to the non resident line and was told that I had to go to the resident line. The supervisor said that residents can use any line. I guess it depends on who is at the computer.