Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday Jan. 2nd US Air flight and airport...INSANE!

To be fair things like this happen but they should be honest and think about the passengers. We did not have to wait all that time for nothing. I think that is more the issue. We all knew that security was going to be difficult on Saturday but to make us go through all of that and then to cancel was disgraceful.

For people who have to sit in the plane that is even worse but at least there is an attempt on the airlines part to take off and leave. It is the stupidity of having us wait around when they knew that the crew would not be able to fly and complete the return trip.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

No Excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    To be fair things like this happen.
    Yes, they do happen.....they happen too often.

This had nothing to do with the increased security measures....it had everything to do with keeping you hostage.

PS - Like your new countdown ticker. Now....consider changing your signature to something like "Had it with US Air"
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

RobO, that is funny but my other experiences with US Air have been very positive.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    RobO, that is funny but my other experiences with US Air have been very positive.
    You are a kind, forgiving person!

If they do it again....no mercy!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

And we thought Avis was bad....WELCOME HOME....
    As long as you are home safe thats all that matters.

Baby beach, natural bridge, palm beach, California Lighthouse
    Sorry to hear about your difficulty getting home. There is nothing more frustrating then waiting aroung to have the airline cancel your flight. We flew USair to Aruba in November. I was not impressed with their service at all. I would also like give you a little advice never connect in Philly. It is as far as I am concerned the worst airport to fly through. The flights are consistently late leaving or cancelled. My husband used to travel there alot for work and we found the above was always the case. Now I thought maybe it was just him but I have spoken with several other frequent flyers and they agree.

Quote Originally Posted by arubaerin View Post
    Sorry to hear about your difficulty getting home. There is nothing more frustrating then waiting aroung to have the airline cancel your flight. We flew USair to Aruba in November. I was not impressed with their service at all. I would also like give you a little advice never connect in Philly. It is as far as I am concerned the worst airport to fly through. The flights are consistently late leaving or cancelled. My husband used to travel there alot for work and we found the above was always the case. Now I thought maybe it was just him but I have spoken with several other frequent flyers and they agree.
    We do not live in Toronto which has the majority of flights going to the US, so we need to fly to a US city that then goes to Aruba so we don't have to make 2 stops/3 flights. Philadelphia is our best option as it has daily flights (during high season) to Aruba and we can easily get to that city. The other cities have less flights to Aruba and we don't have a direct flight to Charlotte.

Our next trip is with United (a ticket done on points) so we are flying out of Dulles, and the days just worked out for us as United only flies a few times a week from Washington.

DOORBELL....ITS MY BAG!! It arrived!!!

Yeah, I'm glad they delivered it to your home. You'd be really honked off if you had to drive back to the airport to pick it up!

Quote Originally Posted by fry120 View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad they delivered it to your home. You'd be really honked off if you had to drive back to the airport to pick it up!
    Don't all airlines do that?

I know Continental and Delta have done it for us in the past when our luggage did not arrive home with us.

Aruba since 1979
    :ya they are required to do it.
    yrs ago, we had 2 bags that were not on the carousel once we arrived in boston
    we filled out the appropriate forms and waited and waited for the call saying our luggage had appeared.
    never got the call.
    what we got was.......1 massachusetts state police officer on our doorstep with 2 shredded and empty suitcase.
    i might be wrong, but i think we got the maximum payoff.
    it was close to $1000 per bag.
    we never did have to give an inventory list of articles lost to the airline.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast