Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturdays at Aruba airport

Everything I have ever heard on "the beach" about the airport is that Saturday is the busiest day - I assume the time-share change helps contribute to the amount of people coming and going. I usually fly out on Sundays which has not been too bad - a little crowded but tolerable. But keep in mind that I am used to JFK in NY, USA so my tolerance level might be a bit higher than others!

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    We stopped going Saturday to Saturday three years ago. Best move we ever made. I believe most of the time shares run weekend to weekend. We stay at the Westin and save a lot of $$$$$ doing the mid week thing.

Saturday is the worest day to fly out of Aruba to the states. That goes for any Sat. of the year, Wed is the best day, lowest number of people. Fri, Sat, Sun is bad -- Mon to Thurs the best time to fly. And its no even US Customs that is the hold up, its the Aruban security and whatnot, they are not used to so many people at once. Jan 2nd was one of the craziest days at Aruba airport in years, sorry for the people stuck in that one.

How bad is it to ARRIVE on a Saturday? My flight arrives around 4:30 p.m. Just wondering what I will be facing after deplaning?

How long does it usually take for luggage?

Thanks!
    Next Aruba trip in

mrk

another saturday airport question

Had previously asked about Saturday travel and based on responses, we might consider changing our timeshare checkout to Sunday. I had one more question about the airport on Saturdays: If our flight is on USAIR for a 1:30 departure on a Saturday, how horrible would the ariport be if we arrived around 10am? If anyone has any experience with an early afternoon departure time I would appreciate the advice. It looks like most of the flights depart noon or later, so I'm hoping it wouldn't be too bad at 10am?
    Thanks everyone!

my wife and family departed last saturday on what was suppose to be a 241pm flight. We arrived a little after 1100am figuring on customs and securityx2 and all the other expierence of departures out of Aruba. To our surprise we breezed through every security and customs stop. It was getting busy though so any later and we would have been caught up in the mess-LOL. One thing we did notice is that at the airline check in everyone had lines except us, we flew Jet Blue, so if there was going to be a hang up it would have been there. Unfortunatly I think it is not easy to judge based on our expierence since every departure day is different. I will tell you that they are checking all carry on baggage at the gate of your aircraft, and your body is being hand searched, in lieu of the underwear bombers antics. My opinion, get there a bit early, and understand that it is probably going to be a madhouse, it helps with remaining calm....it is frustrating though because we always want to soak up every last ray of sun and warmth we can prior to entering into hell, LOL...I hope this helps! Also our flight was delayed an hour, between the baggage and hand searches, as well as air traffic controllers....

Not quite as bad, but you have to go through Aruban Immigrations and there are only a limited number of lines. Standing in that line is really not that big of a deal, it moves at a good pace. Besides the fact, you will have to wait for your luggage to off loaded anyway. There are only a limited number of personnel and carousels.

We have never made it through Aruban Immigrations and out to the baggage carousel and had our luggage waiting for us. I am going to say on average it takes us a "good" 45 minutes from the time we are off the plane and out of the airport.

Imo, it is just no realistic to be on the beach an hour after your flight touches down.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyJen View Post
    How bad is it to ARRIVE on a Saturday? My flight arrives around 4:30 p.m. Just wondering what I will be facing after deplaning?

How long does it usually take for luggage?

Thanks!

Thanks Arubalisa.

I hope to make it to my parents' place in time to see sunset ... hopefully I will make it
    Next Aruba trip in

Druif Beach, Casibari, Guadirikiri Cave, and Boca Catalina
    We had been planning to travel Saturday to Saturday in July. Since it's the low season, will that make it less crazy/crowded at the airport? Is it the arrivals and departures that are so bad -- or just departures (or arrivals)? Should we plan on a Friday or Sunday instead? Thanks for the info.

Aruba since 1979
    imo the saturday airport thing is being overly dramatized.
    yup it is crowded
    but if folks are locked in to timeshares and already have air tickets i do not think it is worth the $$ to make changes.

the posting of the horror of new years weekend was not a typical saturday at the airport.

andrea

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast