Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Scored, $216PP RT MIA-AUA-MIA.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar

Scored, $216PP RT MIA-AUA-MIA.

That's right, $432 for both of us total round trip on Aruba Airlines, Oct 2016. We did try to get travel insurance after we purchased the tickets but since we paid for the resort back in November, we were not eligible to get insurance to cover our flights. So fingers crossed again that they will be around to deliver their product.

GREAT price!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    you may want to check and compare insurance packages.
    check out www.insuremytrip.com

you got a great price kudos!

how long does it take you to drive to Miami?
    it is about a 4+ hour drive for us, so we never booked aruba air.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    That's right, $432 for both of us total round trip on Aruba Airlines, Oct 2016. We did try to get travel insurance after we purchased the tickets but since we paid for the resort back in November, we were not eligible to get insurance to cover our flights. So fingers crossed again that they will be around to deliver their product.

Hi Andrea, your avatar reminds me of the Godfather.

We tried for the insurance and what we really wanted was the financial default but because our first payment was more than 21 days ago (Nov 2015) we weren't eligible.

The drive to MIA is horrible, two hours (90 miles) to drive and park, we use Park N Fly and we buy 5 day passes at Costco for $30 each (great place, secure with valet) we just have to remember to go to arrivals when we get back to catch the shuttle, we learn our lessons. The flight leaves at 6AM so we leave the house at 1AM and we arrive in Aruba at 9AM. Our game plan when we arrive again, is liquor store at airport, get jeep, go to Lings for dry goods and park next to the ice machine at Mulligans and toast our early start to vacation until our room is ready. We love the fact that we are allowed two free checked bags each, we bring a total of three and we are getting it down to a science of what we need and I have enough room for my duct tape (its a guy thing, gals bring shoes, guys bring duct tape and multipurpose tools).
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    you may want to check and compare insurance packages.
    check out www.insuremytrip.com

you got a great price kudos!

how long does it take you to drive to Miami?
    it is about a 4+ hour drive for us, so we never booked aruba air.

Aruba since 1979
    hahahahaha re: the godfather
    actually, it was a "dead horse" as in "beating a dead horse"
    now the avatar are my grandsons..jake aged 2 and liam 7 mos.

does air aruba fly daily to and from?
    i am thinking that i may rather save my swa points for trips to new england and opt to leave from mia on air aruba.
    we would have to arrive 1 day prior.
    did u call aruba air or book directly from their website?
    the drive to miami is a pain indeed.

sorry about the air default thing on travel insurance.
    won't your credit card protect you? you purchased on credit card right?

Hi Andrea, your avatar reminds me of the Godfather.

We tried for the insurance and what we really wanted was the financial default but because our first payment was more than 21 days ago (Nov 2015) we weren't eligible.

The drive to MIA is horrible, two hours (90 miles) to drive and park, we use Park N Fly and we buy 5 day passes at Costco for $30 each (great place, secure with valet) we just have to remember to go to arrivals when we get back to catch the shuttle, we learn our lessons. The flight leaves at 6AM so we leave the house at 1AM and we arrive in Aruba at 9AM. Our game plan when we arrive again, is liquor store at airport, get jeep, go to Lings for dry goods and park next to the ice machine at Mulligans and toast our early start to vacation until our room is ready. We love the fact that we are allowed two free checked bags each, we bring a total of three and we are getting it down to a science of what we need and I have enough room for my duct tape (its a guy thing, gals bring shoes, guys bring duct tape and multipurpose tools).

Cute kids, lucky you!

Last time we booked direct with them but their English speaking person really cant speak English. We booked with our insurance company this time, USAA/Explorer Cruise and Travel and yes with a credit card and they say they stand behind all transactions (just don't buy any fake/counterfeit jewelry in Cozumel because they wont cover that but that is another story). Just beware that Aruba Airlines will collect $35pp in Aruba on departure for an airport tax and it must be cash and it looks like they are going to try to get another $70pp in Miami, we didn't pay a departure tax in Miami last time but it was showing on Aruba Airlines website. We plan on acting stupid and arguing that the TA is showing all taxes paid. The flights have bad times, depart MIA at 6am and AUA at 5:30pm but you have extra time in Aruba so that's not a bad thing. We did look at Southwest out of MCO, great times but Aruba Airlines had the great value. You just missed the unannounced sale, we stumbled upon it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hahahahaha re: the godfather
    actually, it was a "dead horse" as in "beating a dead horse"
    now the avatar are my grandsons..jake aged 2 and liam 7 mos.

does air aruba fly daily to and from?
    i am thinking that i may rather save my swa points for trips to new england and opt to leave from mia on air aruba.
    we would have to arrive 1 day prior.
    did u call aruba air or book directly from their website?
    the drive to miami is a pain indeed.

sorry about the air default thing on travel insurance.
    won't your credit card protect you? you purchased on credit card right?

I would love to leave at 6am and arrive at 9am, getting up stinks but arriving that early would be great! I will be honest though, the one trip that I booked that had a 5:30 departure was torture getting up for, I am not even sure I fell asleep officially before the alarm went off.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks..they are cute, but i am a bit biased.

i did call aruba air and found that the language barrier was impossible and the website is not taking my dates.

i might contact a travel agent in the morning for assistance.

thx!
    Cute kids, lucky you!

Last time we booked direct with them but their English speaking person really cant speak English. We booked with our insurance company this time, USAA/Explorer Cruise and Travel and yes with a credit card and they say they stand behind all transactions (just don't buy any fake/counterfeit jewelry in Cozumel because they wont cover that but that is another story). Just beware that Aruba Airlines will collect $35pp in Aruba on departure for an airport tax and it must be cash and it looks like they are going to try to get another $70pp in Miami, we didn't pay a departure tax in Miami last time but it was showing on Aruba Airlines website. We plan on acting stupid and arguing that the TA is showing all taxes paid. The flights have bad times, depart MIA at 6am and AUA at 5:30pm but you have extra time in Aruba so that's not a bad thing. We did look at Southwest out of MCO, great times but Aruba Airlines had the great value. You just missed the unannounced sale, we stumbled upon it.

Every date I searched wasn't available. I agree the site is not very helpful. I was thinking maybe a night in Miami to visit one of Jon's childhood friends would make it worth a stop, great pricing. I would love getting there at 9am!
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Tracey, back about 10 years ago they had overnight flights from Boston that would arrive in Aruba at 7am or so. I want to say the flight left Boston at 2am. It was perfect! I slept the entire trip down, we were checked into the Radisson and eating breakfast at Salt&Pepper before 8am in the morning! I guess not everyone loved flying overnight because that option was not available the following year when we went.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Every date I searched wasn't available. I agree the site is not very helpful. I was thinking maybe a night in Miami to visit one of Jon's childhood friends would make it worth a stop, great pricing. I would love getting there at 9am!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast