Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Scored, $216PP RT MIA-AUA-MIA.

Aruba since 1979
    really!?
    we had been flying Bos - AUA for many years, ending in 2009 when we moved to Fla.
    I never saw that overnight flight.
    What airline?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Tracey, back about 10 years ago they had overnight flights from Boston that would arrive in Aruba at 7am or so. I want to say the flight left Boston at 2am. It was perfect! I slept the entire trip down, we were checked into the Radisson and eating breakfast at Salt&Pepper before 8am in the morning! I guess not everyone loved flying overnight because that option was not available the following year when we went.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Just beware that Aruba Airlines will collect $35pp in Aruba on departure for an airport tax and it must be cash and it looks like they are going to try to get another $70pp in Miami, we didn't pay a departure tax in Miami last time but it was showing on Aruba Airlines website. We plan on acting stupid and arguing that the TA is showing all taxes paid.
    Can you confirm what the taxes are ... never flew aruba air and looking into it and the fare is great - but we are a family of five and adding $70 to each ticket is a lot!!!! thanks so much! Also how is Aruba Airlines?! The reviews on their facebook page are not that great - hoping to hear some more positive experiences!
    First time as a mother of 3 - looking forward to going back after a 2 year hiatus!

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    They did indeed charge us $35 each and we had to pay them in cash on departure at AUA, they did not charge us in Miami but their website shows that they will and it is now up to $80pp at MIA. I would factor that into the fare you are looking at. So with us we paid $216pp, the most we will end up paying comes to $331 each and with the two free checked bags per person you cant beat that. It's a very ethnic flight, we were definitely a minority but who cares as long as they can get us there and back safely and on time, which is exactly what they did. I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlk51496 View Post
    Can you confirm what the taxes are ... never flew aruba air and looking into it and the fare is great - but we are a family of five and adding $70 to each ticket is a lot!!!! thanks so much! Also how is Aruba Airlines?! The reviews on their facebook page are not that great - hoping to hear some more positive experiences!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12