Aruba Beach
Like Tree11Likes
  • 8 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By DiviDiviFan

Thread: Seat Guru

Seat Guru

With all of the talk about under seat storage and less leg room, I think it's time to remind everyone of that wonderful app/web site called "SeatGuru". By answering a few simple questions (airline, flight number and date) you will see a seat map of the plane you are flying. Travelers review seats on the aircraft and they are rated green, yellow, red according to several factors such as being on an exit row or bulkhead, if there is an IFE box under the seat in front of you (that means no storage for your items or room for your feet), etc. A lot of times folks will even post pictures of the actual seat they are reviewing. I have been using this website for at least the last 10 years and it has saved me from sitting in some pretty sketchy seats. I always have it open when using the airlines website to book tickets. It really helps you pick a good seat on your own with no surprises. Try it next time.

https://www.seatguru.com/

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks!!

Thank you for sharing. I will remember this next time I book a flight.

Very interesting - thanks!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I have been using seatguru for years. Best site ever when it comes to figuring out good/bad seats and also where the entrance door will be (whether it is in front of or behind first class - this is a factor for us when picking first class seats since we want to be off/on the plane quickly.) I also love the addition of passenger photos and comments about specific seats because although seatguru is great there is an occasion where they are a little "off" in their recommendations when an aircraft has been redone inside with new seating, etc. I almost always will open up seatguru when choosing my seats/booking a flight unless it's an aircraft I'm very familiar with.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I have used this site for long haul flights to Asia etc, very useful. Specially to avoid are seats that have entertainment boxes/controller under the seat in front of you, reduces leg room significantly. Also avoid seats near restrooms, reduced recline etc.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Have used this app as well I love it. Most likely found about it via this great forum. Also like when people post pics of their seats. sometimes more than 1 aircraft is shown though for a specific flight # which is somewhat confusing.