Aruba Beach

Thread: Security at Aruba airport

Security at Aruba airport

Hi all,
    Has anyone come back thru the securty at the Aruba airport with the new scanners and pat down? ? ? ? Just wondering if it's the same as at Logan (Boston). . . . . Stanley and I are going in a few weeks and I am wondering how it's going to work with him going thru all that. . . . Should be an interesting test of the system. . . .
    Tom and Stanley

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    are there scanners at the airport in aruba? i know at newark there are but i'm not even sure if all of them are up and working in newark.

Aruba since 1979
    there are no full body scanners in aruba at the moment

just a reminder not EVERYONE gets chosen for the scan and or pat down if the scan is declined.

on today's news (bay news 9 tampa bay) they said it is 1 in 15 or 1 in 20.

in august, i went thru the whole scanner in orlando on my way to aruba.
    in september again went thru the scanner on my way to boston...that too was in orlando. coming home, same thing from boston.....had to go thru the scanner.

it is quite demoralizing, but in the scheme of things, if i want to travel by air, i must participate in by using the rules.

Andrea....may help

Hi Andrea

This may set you at ease

In todays news, a Nevada based company has announced a product to offset the invasiveness of the scanners. They have come up with a small thin titanium item you can wear on or around the private parts. For men it is a titanium fig leaf and I think for women it is a cupped flower.

Got to love the ingenuity. I wonder if it will meet with approval?

John

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi Andrea

This may set you at ease

In todays news, a Nevada based company has announced a product to offset the invasiveness of the scanners. They have come up with a small thin titanium item you can wear on or around the private parts. For men it is a titanium fig leaf and I think for women it is a cupped flower.
    Got to love the ingenuity. I wonder if it will meet with approval?
    John

This might be the link to what you're referring to! Personally, I think it might just send up a red flag for further screening!

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...aolshare_email

also, I started a new thread "Body Scanners or Pat Downs"

If it obscures your body, it will result in a "hands on" meeting with a TSA agent.

Still the standard security process in Aruba, but the US metal detectors are the most sensitive I have passed thru this year. Out of 6 airports this year, USA security in Aruba was the only one that I had to remove my belt.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".