Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Security Checkpoints in AUA

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>> "It just seems kind of redundant."
    ------ And after the procedure above they sometimes set up a table at the gate and select at random some passengers getting on the plane and open up and go through your carry-on. Now who is requesting that I don't know.
    In the States don't put a can of coffee in your carry-on. I did and they stopped me and opened up my carry-on to see what it was.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 11-26-2011 at 10:56 AM.

If you have a ticket to the USA, skip the duty free shops after passing Aruba security, you'll have another set of shops after the USA TSA/CUSTOM check.

Quote Originally Posted by aruba_lee View Post
    If you have a ticket to the USA, skip the duty free shops after passing Aruba security, you'll have another set of shops after the USA TSA/CUSTOM check.
    Keep in mind though, there is a much larger shopping selection of items prior to U.S. Customs & Immigration. Though the gate area has some alcohol and perfume, wouldn't you say the majority of the items are souvenirs?

www.aruba.com/forum/f37/duty-free-liquor-leaving-aruba-31837/#post156707
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I didn't know there was a DF booze shop in the gate area until this trip. As it is after security and customs, I would imagine that you could top off your carry on items there.

One thing about the DF booze though; the prices on the Aruban booze was higher than at the shop in the green and white building on the main street back into town. Prices on products from other islands is good compared to at home, but the Palmera rum was significantly cheaper at the shop. I'm not talking about 25 or 50 cents a bottle, more like 2-3 bucks a bottle.

I brought three big bottles and two small bottles of rum, three liters in total. Listed my Balashi in value, but not the volume (case). Next time I will probably add in a couple bottles at the DF at the gate.

Aruba since 1979
    is there ever a chance that US CUSTOMS agent(s) can come up to the gate for spot inspections?

there really has to be some logical reasoning re: the duty free at the gate area. what i noticed last time were small shops, souvenirs but is there a full DUFRY liquor? i did not notice.

There is perfume right in front of you when you get off the escalator(or stairs ) at the gate area.

There is alcohol and perfume for sale further down by gates 5 & 6.
    Gate 5 is where the Sbarro's is.

http://www.airportaruba.com/images/M...%202%20New.JPG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12