Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: side trip to Curacao

Thank you! Will look into curaçao and then try to plan what tour to do for the day...

http://www.tiara-air.com/
    Airport Tax
    Aruba $34.25
    Bonaire $20
    Curacao $32

Aruba since 1979
    thx lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Airport Tax
    Aruba $34.25
    Bonaire $20
    Curacao $32

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Airport Tax
    Aruba $34.25
    Bonaire $20
    Curacao $32
    These are the departure taxes that we paid for our AUA-CUR day trip in May 2010. But I know that shortly after that, in order to encourage more inter-island travel between the 3 islands, the departure taxes were lowered quite a bit. Maybe it went up again? I don't know. But it's possible that the airline hasn't updated their website (which is very probable from my experiences with the smaller airlines) and the taxes might be lower than what is listed. I believe the lower taxes were effective Oct. 2010.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/traveltoaruba/airportinfo.aspx
    above link from aruba.com

to USA the aruba departure tax is $36.75
    to all other destinations $33.50
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    These are the departure taxes that we paid for our AUA-CUR day trip in May 2010. But I know that shortly after that, in order to encourage more inter-island travel between the 3 islands, the departure taxes were lowered quite a bit. Maybe it went up again? I don't know. But it's possible that the airline hasn't updated their website (which is very probable from my experiences with the smaller airlines) and the taxes might be lower than what is listed. I believe the lower taxes were effective Oct. 2010.

Aruba since 1979
    From curacao airport site.
    Curacao to Aruba is considered international (for the tax)
    Curacao to Bonaire and St Maarten are considered domestic (for the tax)

Airport Departure Fee

Airport departure fees are assessed for International destinations of USD $32.00 (NAFL. 57,60) and USD $8.00 (NAFL. 14,50) for domestic destinations and USD $2,00 ( NAFL. 3,60) for transfer. Children under the age of two (2) are exempted of payment. Domestic destinations are Bonaire and St. Maarten. You can find the airport departure fee counters on the second floor just before passing through immigration. The airport departure fee is incorporated in the ticket price for passengers traveling with:

It was bugging me (and I don't trust the info from some sites since I know it's not updated on a regular basis) so I did a little digging and found this article from Amigoe that was posted January 2012. However, they don't mention the PFC from Curacao. I guess when it comes down to it, be prepared to pay the higher rate and if it's lower....you now have "extra money".

http://amigoe.com/english/98982-airp...rture-tax-hato

From the article:

The Passenger Facility Charge currently is 32 dollars for international destinations, 8 dollars for ‘local flights’ and 2 dollars for transfer passengers. The decision recently taken by the Council of Ministers implies an increase of 5 dollars across the board. Nevertheless, it was agreed that citizens of the ABC-Islands will not pay more than 10 dollars for departure tax. The PFC for Aruba will be reduced from 32 to 20 dollars, while the PFC for Bonaire will also be set at 10 dollars.
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 02-27-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    It was bugging me (and I don't trust the info from some sites since I know it's not updated on a regular basis) so I did a little digging and found this article from Amigoe that was posted January 2012. However, they don't mention the PFC from Curacao. I guess when it comes down to it, be prepared to pay the higher rate and if it's lower....you now have "extra money".

http://amigoe.com/english/98982-airp...rture-tax-hato

From the article:

The Passenger Facility Charge currently is 32 dollars for international destinations, 8 dollars for ‘local flights’ and 2 dollars for transfer passengers. The decision recently taken by the Council of Ministers implies an increase of 5 dollars across the board. Nevertheless, it was agreed that citizens of the ABC-Islands will not pay more than 10 dollars for departure tax. The PFC for Aruba will be reduced from 32 to 20 dollars, while the PFC for Bonaire will also be set at 10 dollars.
    Note that the article says citizens of the ABCs, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Note that the article says citizens of the ABCs, not us.
    Yes, the line above states ABC Island citizens will not pay more than $10...but everyone else pays the higher price in the line after that. (My opinion - it's a poorly worded article. LOL! )

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Since we're going to be there for two weeks in July, we were hoping to see either Curacao or Bonaire. However, this thread gives me pause! Is there such a thing as a ferry to Curacao? If so, is it as expensive as air?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast