Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: side trip to Curacao

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Someone else just went and posted the tax was $65 or $70 per person round trip.
    That's about what we paid in May 2010. Seemed like it was around $32 to leave Aruba and a little less to leave Curacao when flying back to Aruba.

We had a great time on our day trip but we also had friends from Holland who were staying in Curacao at the time. They had a rental car, met us at the airport, and drove us all over the island to various beaches, downtown, etc. so we had great tour guides.
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 09-17-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    can anyone find something in writing and provide the link for the exact departure fees aruba and same for curacao
    thx!

I just did it on August 29th. We went for the day, used Tango Tours in Oranjestad to book our trip. They are located in the Certified Mall. It was about $350/pp to fly there and back and go to the Dolphin Academy to swim with dolphins. Granted yes it was a lot of money but you have to realize this is a "Bucket List" item of mine and not something I plan on doing every time I go to Aruba. It was my 25th Wedding Anniversary that day as well.

The taxes leaving Aruba were $65/pp and coming back were about the same. So it did cost us about $1000 for the day if you add it all up.

Would I recommend it, absolutely, would I do it again if I could, absolutely!

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    As I said in my trip report thread, we weren't happy at all to pay the taxes, but on the other hand we have no idea of when we'll be back to Aruba, so the day trip to Curaçao was worth the money spent. If you visit Aruba frequently maybe you could consider staying in Curaçao for a longer time, maybe 3 or 4 days. In just one day you can't see the Aquarium, the Dolphin Academy, downtown Willemstad and the beaches. Something will have to be left out.

Cheers

Marcio

curacao day trips...

We are vacationing in Aruba in February & want to go visit Curacao on a day trip. Are there any organized trips available...???

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/curacao.html
    check out these tagged threads

also check with DEPalm tours

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post
    We are vacationing in Aruba in February & want to go visit Curacao on a day trip. Are there any organized trips available...???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234