Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: situation on a SWA plane that landed in Aruba

My mother heard it was two drunk girls who thought it would be a funny prank. Not sure how accurate this info is, but that's the rumor.

Aruba since 1979
    that is the rumor

if it is true......ya think these girls/women are enjoying their first night in jail?
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    My mother heard it was two drunk girls who thought it would be a funny prank. Not sure how accurate this info is, but that's the rumor.

I think many nights in jail may be the start of their punishment- never mind the HUGE fines coming there way. I can imagine a bill for the extra cost of fuel, police, security, aviation workers etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that is the rumor

if it is true......ya think these girls/women are enjoying their first night in jail?

Aruba since 1979
    the roads around the airport had to also be shut down creating a monstrous traffic jam.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    These type of idiotic stories are getting too frequent these days. Can't believe there would be such disturbing idiots enroute to Aruba. Guess they are everywhere these days. Punishments have to get stricter along with the fines etc.

Any follow up on arrests or what happened to the people who caused this issue?

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.diario.aw/2017/07/a-dete...-di-southwest/

the person detaind, name not released.

per the photos
    she has a good amount of luggage (for jail)QUOTE=Traceyd14;320372]Any follow up on arrests or what happened to the people who caused this issue?[/QUOTE]

Dumb, dumb,dumb person! I hope they lock her up for years. You would never want me on your jury if you committed a crime..I am a throw the book at you type.

Aruba since 1979
    my friend roughly translated the article:
    they have the pic of one of the women...it is confirmed that they are American. Alcohol involved was not mentioned, but bad joke was. it also talks about how 4 different entities have the right to press charges, Aruba, the airport, South West and the US government.

I saw a post on the Curacao International Airport FB page from a passenger whose flight was diverted to Curacao from Aruba, due to a bomb threat on a flight. There must have been a lot of flights diverted that way or to Bonaire as a result. In this day and age, Bomb threat jokes are not the type of jokes to make.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast