Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So frustrated with JetBlue

Angry So frustrated with JetBlue

OMG....I am so MAD!!! I have been tracking the JetBlue flights from JFK-Aruba last week in July for almost 2 months and they haven't moved off $683. I even setup price alerts through Yapta....well yesterday morning I woke up to find an alert that they dropped to $403, and by the time I got to the JetBlue website to book our 3 tickets, the price was back up again I could SCREAM!!!

I have found Yapta to be slow with their fare alerts. I always check fares myself on a regular basis via Kayak.com. I'm much quicker and more thorough than Yapta. LOL!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I a big fan of kayak.com as well

This past year, I had alerts set up with Jet Blue, Kayak and another travel site. They were all late - a waste of time. I just go to the JB site and do it myself. Before their recent site modification, they kept your flight info so you just had to click a couple of times and you'd have your prices.

Doing it this way I got 4 price reductions, saving 30%, after I bought my tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    they kept your flight info so you just had to click a couple of times and you'd have your prices.
    Delta.com does this as well (we generally fly Delta since we use them for business travel and like the ff miles) so I check fares on their site regularly, too.

As I've always said in the past, you are always your own best travel agent.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Thanks for the advise. I have been checking JetBlue everyday but now I guess I have to do it a few times throughout the day. And I am going to also signup for alerts through Kayak

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin113 View Post
    Thanks for the advise. I have been checking JetBlue everyday but now I guess I have to do it a few times throughout the day. And I am going to also signup for alerts through Kayak
    I use Kayak to check fares on multiple airlines and multiple dates at once but I won't use their alerts....again, too slow.

I booked my flight today NY to Aua on Jet Blue, Sep 22nd for $480.00. However, I noticed it said only 2 fares remaining at this price. Once I booked the tickets, I searched again and sure enough the fare increased $100 to $580.00...Glad I booked them!!!!

I usually keep checking the airline website. They weren't selling airfare for my date until today. However, I was tracking flights for July-August and they were quite high in the range of $583 to $783. I was worried about what my fare was going to cost once they extended their calendar and I was surprised to get the fare for only $480.00.

However, as I mentioned this was the first day they were offering fares for my dates and they only had 2 fares available for $480.

did you try booking that flight with single tickets instead of all three?
    Sometimes the price you see if only for two tickets.

I also have been checking Jet Blues website almost 3 times a day for them to open sep-oct! Yesterday was the day, booked 2 tickets sep 29th to oct 8th for $455 each, round trip, another ticket leaving the same day but coming back 2 weeks later on oct 13th...$581 round trip !!then I booked a 4th ticket for oct 6th, and leaving a week later on oct 13th, wait for it...$683 !!! round trip...why because of the Columbus day holiday week !!! Can anyone tell me, does it cost the airline more $$$$ to fly on a holiday week, or just us passengers !!! Sadly, if you want to fly non-stop out of NY Jet blue is the only one...they have us by the b*lls !!! But if thats what it takes to get me to Aruba, I'll pay !!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast