Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So frustrated with JetBlue

Well at least you got 2 tickets for pretty cheap. I've been checking JetBlue everyday also and the prices are just crazy...just checked my dates again and are now up to $694!! We also already sent our deposit to rent a timeshare, so I really don't know what to do about these rising prices. I guess just cross my fingers and pray I catch another sale in time.

Keep checking their website. I know it's a pain, but like others have said, you will find out usually before any website notifies you. I have found they change alot on Sundays and Wednesday. Yesterday I checked my June flight to Florida and it had gone down $40. Yippee, $40 in my bank for next year's trip to Aruba. Please note though - you have to use the credit within a year. If it drops again and I get another credit on my Florida trip, I have to use the credit within a year from the ORIGINAL credit, i.e by February 20, 2013. Good Luck!!

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    I'm annoyed too. I didn't check my e-mail over the weekend and found out that my Saturday to Saturday (2 weeks) flight from late March to mid-April dropped almost $400.00. I went back on the site today and it had gone back up to over $1,000 per person. Also, there are hardly any seats left on the plane. Very upset.

Oh man...that really stinks!! If there aren't many seats left I would assume they will probably keep going up. What do you plan on doing? My prices went up again for the second time today, now $773 but there are only 37 seats taken going down and 65 taken coming back so there is still plenty of room on our planes so I am still holding out hope that they drop again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewny1 View Post
    I'm annoyed too. I didn't check my e-mail over the weekend and found out that my Saturday to Saturday (2 weeks) flight from late March to mid-April dropped almost $400.00. I went back on the site today and it had gone back up to over $1,000 per person. Also, there are hardly any seats left on the plane. Very upset.

Call them anyway. Ask for the credit. They should still give it to you.

Wow $773!!!

I paid $800 round trip for First Class on American Airlines last year. It was a direct flight in September.

My flight on Jet Blue which I booked at $480 on Sunday is now up at $673 after only 3 days...

I feel they are taking advantage of being the only direct flight out of NY. Even the connecting flights are expensive...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Last edited by mmattalo; 03-14-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: deleting account

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    I understood that jetBlue had a price reduction guarantee . . . sorry if I am mistaken. However, I have found often that their reduced price is still often higher than the best price you can get from other airlines (ex - Delta BUF-AUA). Michael
    Yes, they do have a guarantee but you have to ask for the credit. It's not automatic.

In Boston, JB is the only show in town if you want a direct flight. The lowest price we got for a Jan/Feb flight was $505.

You shouldn't be mad with JB for the reasons you state - you should be mad at ALL of these airlines with the way they price gouge. As a former JB employee, sounds like someone cancelled their seats which they had purchased at a lower rate/fare then what was currently available - if they happens they put those seats back into the "available to purchase" bucket at the original price paid - so...basically someone cancelling at the last minute made someone booking at the last minute really happy to get their cheaper rate...Also - fares usually drop at midnight on the Monday night - you can always stay up and check that way. And to answer the previous posters question - YES - airlines for YEARS have jacked up prices during ANY school break to ANY popular family vacation destination...they know it and they know we will pay to go...

Thank you mrsschneid!Insider information is always best one and accurate. I,ll try Monday night next time around

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast