Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So frustrated with JetBlue

I just got a $43 credit to use within the year! For a flight I booked on Sunday. What I don't understand is , I can buy a ticket on the train or bus, doesn't matter when I buy, it's always going to be the same price!!! What makes airlines think and do put different rates up when it's the same plane, going to the same place!!! It just kills me, and we the consumers have no control , something should be done, they get away with it, it's price gouging !!!

Sometimes airfare goes up because of Jet Fuel. Remember most airlines are not profitable.

From my understanding over the years, certain seats go for xxx amount of dollars called economy fares. On American Airlines these are called class "Y" fares. Once those seats are sold there is a price for another set of seats and so on and so on...

The person next to you may have paid 1/2 what you pay and the person accross you double what you pay for the same coach fare...

I've experimented with the websites. American Airlines allows you to look up a fare and put it on hold for 24 hours. This is great because if the fare goes up the next day you are locked in at the price displayed when the fare was put on hold.

On some occasions when I put the fare on hold and looked up the flight again, the price went up. Then I deleted the reservation, looked up the price and it was down again. Reserved the flight on hold again, looked up the reservation again and they were selling it for a higher price...

All this is programmed into the website..

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    I want to fly one way on jet blue nonstop out of boston on either nov 23/24. I can fly usair with 1 stop for $227. But because I have a $90 credit with jb they are able to hold me hostage. they have not opened flights that far in advance yet. If they continue to charge rediculous fees I may just forfeit the $90 and kiss them goodbye!!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I booked our Delta flight for May 5th about 3 weeks ago. I had been checking the site daily to see if the fare would drop from $733. It never did. I happened to check available seats that evening and found that there were only 14 seats still available on the ATL-AUA leg so I went ahead and booked. I was surprised by this because there were about 50 seats available the week before and the flight was still 3 months off at that time. Even though we are on the flight, I was unable to get us seats together. Sometimes you wait too long. The leg from ATL-AUA is now sold out so its a good thing I didnt wait any longer.

You guys are lucky to be flying out of JFK. JetBlue's got us by the collar up here in Boston too. US and AA both had daily nonstops for a while, but have since eliminated them. JetBlue's now free to raise their prices since they're the only one who has them! We payed $600 roundtrip Friday to Friday for our trip in June! We used to pay under $400... times have changed!
    Last edited by ryanaruba920; 02-24-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanaruba920 View Post
    You guys are lucky to be flying out of JFK. JetBlue's got us by the collar up here in Boston too. US and AA both had daily nonstops for a while, but have since eliminated them. JetBlue's now free to raise their prices since they're the only one who has them! We payed $600 roundtrip Friday to Friday for our trip in June! We used to pay under $400... times have changed!
    You should try flying American out of Tulsa. Best case scenario is 10:40 am to DFW, afternoon flight to MIA and 6 to 8 pm flight to AUA arriving between 7:15 and 10m depending on how AA schedules it. I am flying Delta this year because I couldnt get that flight on AA with my frequent flyer miles. With miles this year its 6:am to DFW-connect to either Houston, New Orleans or Charlotte, then fly to MIA and then the evening flight to AUA. Delta leaves here at 6am arrives AUA at 2:30 pm. Fare is $733 per, which is about what I pay on AA if I buy a ticket.

Jet Blue

We are done with jet blue ,never again fly with them

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    You should try flying American out of Tulsa. Best case scenario is 10:40 am to DFW, afternoon flight to MIA and 6 to 8 pm flight to AUA arriving between 7:15 and 10m depending on how AA schedules it. I am flying Delta this year because I couldnt get that flight on AA with my frequent flyer miles. With miles this year its 6:am to DFW-connect to either Houston, New Orleans or Charlotte, then fly to MIA and then the evening flight to AUA. Delta leaves here at 6am arrives AUA at 2:30 pm. Fare is $733 per, which is about what I pay on AA if I buy a ticket.
    That's tough. Funny... you're almost better off making the four hour drive to DFW, staying overnight and then getting on a flight the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanaruba920 View Post
    That's tough. Funny... you're almost better off making the four hour drive to DFW, staying overnight and then getting on a flight the next day.
    Except it is really a 5 hour 30 min drive to DFW from where we live and a 20 minute drive to TUL. I dont really mind the 10:40 to DFW-MIA-AUA because im not paying cash but when they start us out at 6am and get us there at 10pm thru 4 airports I have to draw the line. Besides, I checked and they didnt have a direct MIA flight from DFW for those dates using FF miles either. I will save them for next year if AA is still in business.

Only One time had JB frustrated us, by cancelling fligts and changing our travel dates twice with a 3 day delay in notification. 99 % of the time we have had excellent experiences. We fly from Portland Me to JFK then on to aruba, while we could travel to Boston, we would need to do an overnight as we have an hour to get to Portkand and 3 to Boston. With the Boston flight time.... would be near impossible. to do same day... We book when flights get released then watch fares daily ...... love the credit when it goes down, but ususally the just released fares are the lowest....bookedat 488 RT this year... very excellent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast