Aruba Beach
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By conal
  • 1 Post By buckeyetodd
  • 2 Post By Jacki

Thread: Southwest

Southwest

Southwest airlines is now booking flights for April 2016 and later.

i would recommend to anyone considering using southwest to consider an 8 day vacation as opposed to a 7 day if your accomodations are Friday to Friday. for us to fly out of Columbus on Friday morning, the fare was $504. flying on Thursday was $209. saves us about $600 minus the cost of a hotel night but add in an extra day in aruba and I'm a winner all the way around. our first trip to aruba we flew us airways which I think is part of American now. anyways, I looked at their prices before booking this flight and the prices weren't horrible but the flights were insane, 16 hours one way and I think 18 coming back with all the extended layovers. i'll take the no frills low cost of southwest any day.

That's awesome! What a great savings Todd!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Open a credit card folks and get 50000 points with them

we got 4 cards for adults in our family 200000 beautiful points

We've had one for years with them and use it for almost everything, we pay it off twice a month and have never paid a cent of interest. We've used it to fly to Aruba, Puerto Rico twice, Vegas a couple times too. If you are disciplined enough not to carry a balance, can be a huge vacation savings when you don't have to pay for airfare.

We also have the SW card and have accumulated enough points for free flights to Aruba. I just checked for our departure date and they are no longer flying out of our city past April 12th. This happened to a friend of ours last year when trying to book flights out of Midway, Chicago. SW appears to be evaluating flights and discontinuing some of the AirTran flights that are apparently not as profitable for them. This year we will fly out of CMH which we occasionally do for other destinations but it is not as convenient for us.

I'm patiently (hahahaha) waiting for flights to open up for the summer
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ