Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Southwest Airlines Announces First International Destinations

Exclamation Southwest Airlines Announces First International Destinations

Southwest Airlines Announces First International Destinations

If you try to book Air Tran to Aruba anytime after July 1, you will be redirected to Southwest.com.

I just priced airfare for July 5-12 Atlanta to Aruba roundtrip and Southwest was $413.00 and Delta was $447.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 01-27-2014 at 02:20 PM.

just booked our june trip, saturday 21st, with airtran, flying southwest.. one way from rochester new york 266.00
    great price for saturday travel...

It is important to remember that Southwest Airlines, is one of the budget airlines that does not allow itself to be listed with aggregators.

Aggregators are websites like Kayak.com, Wego.com, Momondo.com, matrix.itasoftware.com and Skyscanner.com

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    just booked our june trip, saturday 21st, with airtran, flying southwest.. one way from rochester new york 266.00
    great price for saturday travel...
    I would love to hear about people's experiences with Southwest's first come, first served boarding process.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I would love to hear about people's experiences with Southwest's first come, first served boarding process.
    My husband used them for a business trip to Phoenix once....his thoughts on their boarding/seating process was "Never again!" LOL!! He regretted not using our usual airline (Delta) on that trip. But he is also spoiled with priority seating and free Economy Comfort seating (and free upgrades) on Delta so it all depends on what you're used to or what you're willing to put up with for a lower fare.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I was hoping this would happen when they bought Air Tran but I didn't think it would take this long. Southwest still offers free carry on and 2 checked bags free as well, so in the long run it could be a big savings. I can take a suite case AND golf clubs. I also have a couple hundred thousand SW rapid rewards points I have been saving. Maybe I will get to use them now.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Its fine if you are not late for boarding. Be sure and join their rapid rewards club. Havnt had to fight for seats with anyone yet. Price and convenience can make a big difference on how you feel about it. We have flown them on many occasions in the past. They offer the only direct flight from Tulsa to Las Vegas and we have been there many times as our timeshare is there. We have also gone to San Diego, San Francisco, Orlando and Tampa on Southwest. Besides having better schedules than most other airlines, we have saved a ton of money flying on them. We flew to Las Vegas a couple of years ago on SW. I checked prices at American and a couple of other airlines. SW was $70 a ticket cheaper and a direct flight lasting 2 hours 30 mins. American was a plane change in Dallas and 5 hours total air and layover time. Same on the return.

Aruba since 1979
    We love SWA. We pay the extra $10 for group A boarding.
    Easy peasy.

Different strokes!!

fly any airline that will get me into my destination early, price can be a factor, not a deal breaker.. i'm on the island 5 times year, also studio city ca every 6 weeks, for pleasure not work..
    the seating process on southwest is simple, as andrea stated for 10.00 you board first. on my connecting departure from baltimore to aruba, i was able
    to select seat assignments for my family of 8...

my 19 yr son whom lives in studio city takes southwest, because it's schedule beats everyone with arrival, not because that's what he has to put up with, or
    what he's use to...
    I'm not attempting to be sarcastic, I certainly have the finances to fly and PAY for any airline or seat i choose for all my family...

Aruba since 1979
    ricky you were able to select seats of the group of 8 because it is still "air tran?"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast