Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Southwest Airlines Announces First International Destinations

i booked thru airtran, but flying southwest.

and if your flight is cancelled they don't have ticketing agreements with other airlines to get you home.

Aruba since 1979
    does jet blue have such ticketing arrangements?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    and if your flight is cancelled they don't have ticketing agreements with other airlines to get you home.

Delta does not necessarily book you on another airline either.

My parents were flying West Palm Beach to Atlanta to Aruba. Their flight from West Palm Beach to Atlanta was cancelled and they would have missed their connection. Delta put them on a flight the next day. Delta refused to put them on the PM American Air flight out of Miami.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Looks like I wont be using SW to Aruba anytime soon. Cant get connecting flights from TUL without overnighting each way. Bummer.

Not sure of Jet Blue's arrangements, but in 2012 we were flying AUA - NY (don't remember if it was JFK or LGA) on Delta with a stop in Charlotte. There were storms and the Delta flight was cancelled but they got us on Jet Blue on a direct flight to Newark!! That rocked! We made it home before the rest of our party who had direct flights from AUA to NY!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    does jet blue have such ticketing arrangements?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I just priced airfare for July 5-12 Atlanta to Aruba roundtrip and Southwest was $413.00 and Delta was $447.
    THAT was on Monday. Just looked at some mid-week sets of dates for July and Southwest and Delta were both $413 nonstop from Atlanta to Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    My husband used them for a business trip to Phoenix once....his thoughts on their boarding/seating process was "Never again!" LOL!! He regretted not using our usual airline (Delta) on that trip. But he is also spoiled with priority seating and free Economy Comfort seating (and free upgrades) on Delta so it all depends on what you're used to or what you're willing to put up with for a lower fare.
    After reading this

Southwest Should Improve Seating Arrangements Before Going International

I would have some doubts about flying SW.

I looked at SW website this morning just to get an idea of the prices. I have never flown SW but they do fly out of our airport. The website would not give me the option to fly out of our airport to AUA I know there is no direct flight but shouldn't it route me through Atlanta... Is this normal for SW? Do I have to buy a separate ticket to ATL or DC?

Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    I looked at SW website this morning just to get an idea of the prices. I have never flown SW but they do fly out of our airport. The website would not give me the option to fly out of our airport to AUA I know there is no direct flight but shouldn't it route me through Atlanta... Is this normal for SW? Do I have to buy a separate ticket to ATL or DC?
    What are your dates and airport of departure?

I just checked Boston to Aruba and it gave me a choice of connecting through Baltimore or Atlanta.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast