Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Southwest First Timer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I am close to Newark, JFK & LaGuardia. The prices for the last few years have really sucked in August.
    Are the flights to Aruba full-ish in the summer?

Yes, very.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    years ago, we became frequent SWA fliers.
    mostly for our florida visits (1990s and 2000s)
    we often flew out of providence or manchester to tampa or orlando and we were happy customers.

at first i had to get over the fact that we were queing up like waiting for "splash mountain" and choosing my own seat, but once i got over myself i was good with the whole deal.

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    We have flown Southwest many times and have never had any problems....LOL my daughter and I flew to San Diego for a 10 day stay a few years ago ....Amanda being her mothers daughter told the flight attendant " I'm sure I could do that job he said miss i'll need you to take your seatbelt off and step into the aisle.....then he handed her the basket of snacks and said have at it.....I don't think I've ever laughed so hard .....the flight attendant sat in her seat and made her serve the snacks....later he gave her a little plastic set of wings like little kids get and made her wear them.....he also asked for everyone on the plane to clap for her cuz it was her first day...which everyone did.....Diane

That's so cute!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by OneHappyTraveler View Post
    We have flown Southwest many times and have never had any problems....LOL my daughter and I flew to San Diego for a 10 day stay a few years ago ....Amanda being her mothers daughter told the flight attendant " I'm sure I could do that job he said miss i'll need you to take your seatbelt off and step into the aisle.....then he handed her the basket of snacks and said have at it.....I don't think I've ever laughed so hard .....the flight attendant sat in her seat and made her serve the snacks....later he gave her a little plastic set of wings like little kids get and made her wear them.....he also asked for everyone on the plane to clap for her cuz it was her first day...which everyone did.....Diane
    That is hilarious!!

We are flying Southwest for the first time too. I was leary about the seating thing so I did sign us up for the early boarding. I think it will be worth the money. I couldn't beat the price - it was half of anything else I could find. I'm happy to read some positive experiences.
    Laura

Early Bird is not early boarding. What it does for $12.50, is automatically go into their online system for you & get your line number exactly 24 hours before the scheduled flight time. You can do this manually yourself & save the $12.50, but if you forget, or have computer problems, you will end up lower on the list. If you get an A position(16-60) or high B (1-30), you will most certainly be able to get seats you like & overhead space. The first 15 A slots are for their A list customers.

There is early boarding available for passengers who need assistance, just like every other airline. Sometimes, at the gate, you can buy A1-15 positions for $40, if they are available. If you have a low C number, it might be worth your while, especially if you need overhead space.

I have flown Southwest to Aruba several times. I fly thru Orlando on the way there & thru Baltimore on the way home. I buy the EB, because I need an aisle seat. The flights are usually very full, with most middle seats taken. It's a sardine can ride, but the price is right.
    Mindy from Kansas City
    "I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control" ~~JB

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Thanks for the explanation!
    A manager I work with has a disabled spouse and they purchased the Early Bird and got on before they would've with the spouse needing assistance. We were both confused by that. It will be an experience.

Aruba since 1979
    Good point mindy!
    If you need assistance (wheelchair) SWA has those folks board first.
    Also too families with small children board between the A and B groups or the B and C groups.

I recommend early bird for all , except those that use wheelchair assistance.

We have flown Southwest many times and have been happy with the price and. service. Last time we too took advantage of extending our trip at The Trop. Of course it entailed changing rooms but so worth it for extra days in Paradise.

The rate you were quoted is spectacular for the extension. Would you share how you achieved that rate, Was it through Southwest or The Tropicana?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast