Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Southwest First Timer!

Thru Southwest. After booking the flights it takes you to the typical "book your hotel stay with us, book your car rental.." page.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Just looked at our boarding assignments for our trip out tomorrow morning. We got B1 and B2 with early bird. Been better... been worse. I'll take it. Booked tickets and early bird just over 2 months ago.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Aruba since 1979
    Safe and fun travels Curt and Maggie.
    Enjoy!

Have a great trip you guys! Sorry we'll miss you, we really enjoyed hanging out with you last year!

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Safe and fun travels Curt and Maggie.
    Enjoy!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Have a great trip you guys! Sorry we'll miss you, we really enjoyed hanging out with you last year!
    Thanks!
    We may cross paths again later in the year. You never know!

But back to the thread topic. If there is any doubt that you'll be able to access Southwest's website right at the 24 hour mark its worth it to do the early bird. However even if you miss the 24 hour mark and ended up with a less than desirable spot you aren't SOL. We've also paid at the gate to get a mid "A" spot.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

We booked with SW for this April, also purchased the Early bird, total price $525 pp. That was about $250 cheaper than everyone else when we booked. We also extended our trip by 2 days, staying at MVC for 2 nights, $100 per night.

I just booked my flight for Sep/oct trip, delta out of JFK, and southwest home to Islip ny, stop in Orlando . I always go non stop but the price of $523. And Islip airport is very close to my house ! I'm trying something new year . Lol

I booked southwest for our trip in June.. price dropped $30.00 per person going there so they credit me with vouchers.. coming home rewards points went down.. so got my points back. Enough for one way trip. (usually the return trip takes less reward points..)
    Now thinking about booking in Oct/Nov..

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    I booked southwest for our trip in June.. price dropped $30.00 per person going there so they credit me with vouchers.. coming home rewards points went down.. so got my points back. Enough for one way trip. (usually the return trip takes less reward points..)
    Now thinking about booking in Oct/Nov..
    Thanks for the info! I didn't know that they credit back if the price drops. SW is getting better & better in my book. Now, if they would just schedule direct flights from NYC area
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

The problem I have is that Southwest goes down to Aruba but stops comming back on August 7th for Boston.
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast