Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Southwest First Timer!

When we went to San Juan.. I took Jet Blue there and Southwest home cause the prices and times were better.
    And both direct flights.

Quote Originally Posted by angelone View Post
    The problem I have is that Southwest goes down to Aruba but stops comming back on August 7th for Boston.
    Last edited by brady bear; 03-14-2016 at 05:44 PM.

We've flown SW many times but will experience our first SW flight to Aruba in June. I'll drive the 3 hours to Orlando the day before and check into our hotel. Will not be doing the park, stay, fly thing-too many cheaper options when we can use hotel points. I know all about the ABC loading but if we are separated during the flight, the reunion will be that much sweeter.

We are staying the day before using our points. The hotels is letting us leave our car there for $5.00 per day. With free transportation to and from the airport.
    Cathi

Quote Originally Posted by TravelNLesa View Post
    We've flown SW many times but will experience our first SW flight to Aruba in June. I'll drive the 3 hours to Orlando the day before and check into our hotel. Will not be doing the park, stay, fly thing-too many cheaper options when we can use hotel points. I know all about the ABC loading but if we are separated during the flight, the reunion will be that much sweeter.

Cathi, that is a great deal! is your hotel a national chain and would you care to share the brand name if it is? I've found off site, but close, airport parking in Orlando for $4 and up a day. Onsite economy parking at the airport is $10/day. The Orlando Airport Courtyard requires a one night paid stay for each 7 nights of free parking. We will be away for 8 nights. The Renaissance Airport does 14 nights free parking for a $10 higher/night room fee. All paid parking options are cheaper than paying for a room. We have a lot of other hotel brand point options since DH travels for work every week and doesn't always have the option of selecting his own choice of hotel. Thank you! Lesa

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    We are staying the day before using our points. The hotels is letting us leave our car there for $5.00 per day. With free transportation to and from the airport.
    Cathi

Hotel is holiday Inn on Conway
    But if you check out
    Www.buyreservations.com there are some really good prices. Radisson is charging 95 plus tax and 14 free days of parkingit

That's really cool. I may look into something like that this year. I've never done a stay/park/fly or whatever it's called. Prices are really good! Thanks for the link Cathi
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

So I originally thought SW just opened up their flights late for my liking....Just heard a radio commercial that SW service from Newark, NJ to Orlando, FL starts April 12th. Guess that's why I've never booked them before.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    That's really cool. I may look into something like that this year. I've never done a stay/park/fly or whatever it's called. Prices are really good! Thanks for the link Cathi

We almost always do parksleepfly. We drive down after work the night before get a good nights sleep and take a 5 minute shuttle over. If not for that, its either wake up at 3am to get to Aruba by 1 or 2pm or wake up at a decent time but get to Aruba much later. For me its not even a question.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

We usually don't sleep the night before due to the excitement so it's not really a big deal to be ready at 3 for the car service

Even though I only live an hour from the major airport in Orlando; have a mid morning flight, it is cheaper to stay over night with free parking and transportation. You never know what you may get caught in while going to the airport....
    At least you are only minutes away, can have dinner, drinks and peace of mind.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast