Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Southwest schedule

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course

Southwest schedule

Southwest has updated their schedule through March 5. I find that they only have connecting flights from TUL to AUA from November thru February and only on Saturday.

Southwest is making only a half-hearted effort at being an Aruba service provider. Of course, their competition isn't that great either.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I just priced out Saturday September 19 to Saturday September 26

Southwest through Orlando $1,027.10
    Spirit through Fort Lauderdale $476
    American through Miami $562
    Delta nonstop $733

If I were to fly Delta nonstop midweek I can get a fare for $488 so pretty much a no brainer?

Southwest from Baltimore is usually a pretty good deal, especially when you consider they have daily nonstops and no bag fees. I still don't like the boarding process, but to save a couple hundred dollars, I can live with it sometimes. I priced out a few dates for a friend in October using different airports and airlines and when you consider all extra fees, southwest from Baltimore is very competitive in the DC market.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I just priced out Saturday September 19 to Saturday September 26

Southwest through Orlando $1,027.10
    Spirit through Fort Lauderdale $476
    American through Miami $562
    Delta nonstop $733

If I were to fly Delta nonstop midweek I can get a fare for $488 so pretty much a no brainer?
    I cant fly from TUL in September on SW but the prices for flights in November and early December vary from $480 to $914 depending on when you go. Saturday flights only. The price is good on the low end but having to go and come back on Saturday means either 1 week or 2 weeks on Aruba. No way to do 10 or 11 days.

Aruba since 1979
    SWA really is the only game in town for us in Tampa Bay area with non stop service to AUA.
    Love their free checked bag policy.
    Their boarding procedure, leaves me a bit cold

We did get r/t to NH for Christmas for $202 apiece non stop from Orlando.
    I cannot complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    SWA really is the only game in town for us in Tampa Bay area with non stop service to AUA.
    Love their free checked bag policy.
    Their boarding procedure, leaves me a bit cold

We did get r/t to NH for Christmas for $202 apiece non stop from Orlando.
    I cannot complain about that.
    Andrea, I hear spirit has now added flights into and out of Tampa.....have you checked to see if they fly into aruba ??? I know they fly out of fort lauderdale since I have done that myself but not sure about tampa......
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    will check
    ty!
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Andrea, I hear spirit has now added flights into and out of Tampa.....have you checked to see if they fly into aruba ??? I know they fly out of fort lauderdale since I have done that myself but not sure about tampa......

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    I cant fly from TUL in September on SW but the prices for flights in November and early December vary from $480 to $914 depending on when you go. Saturday flights only. The price is good on the low end but having to go and come back on Saturday means either 1 week or 2 weeks on Aruba. No way to do 10 or 11 days.
    Southwest "said" I couldn't fly from Kansas City to Aruba in November. Wrong. Southwest will not book a layover flight. I booked 3 one way tickets. I fly from Kansas City to Orlando on 10/31. Then, on Nov 1, I fly from Orlando to Aruba. The return flight on Nov 13, AUA-BWI-MCI, can be accomplished in one day, so it is booked. Total cost was about 35,000 points. I have not checked the actual $$ of the flights. My hotel in Orlando is also booked on points. It is inconvenient to have the overnight stay in Orlando, but certainly not a deal breaker.

I also check it frequently to see if the price has gone down. I've had a couple of small reductions, & they are easy to change, returning a few points back to my account. My actual $$ outlay was around $100 including taxes, fees & Early Bird booking fees.
    Mindy from Kansas City
    "I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control" ~~JB

We just flew SW to AUA through Orlando from Pittsburgh on a Sunday. For us from Pittsburgh to AUA its the best deal, its about $450/$500 each person. Then when you factor in 2 free bags each way, that drops you down about $100. My dad flew on a thursday from PIT to AUA through Baltimore.
    Last edited by mpalmieri; 08-10-2015 at 11:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast