Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southwest spring schedule

I think this will be a problem for us as well. We are planning our trip for July and leaving July 4th. I thought when the new schedule came out it would be farther out than June. Anyone travel in July from Ohio or Midwest with any info on fares that are not too bad? I know they are all high but any input would be greatly appreciated. I always book quite a bit in advance and I don't think I could wait until June to book with Southwest. This is usually the airline we fly on the most.

Hi Sue M! Are you in Ohio? We live near Youngstown, so we can go to Pittsburgh, Cleveland or Akron. We prefer Akron, but have never found a decent fare or flight time to Aruba from Akron. We prefer Cleveland over Pittsburgh, but flying in and out of Pittsburgh was always a few dollars cheaper and the schedule worked better.

Our past 3 trips have been on AirTran. They had the best fares, which is why I'm waiting for Southwest to publish fares since they are now one in the same. US Air always wanted to "overnight" us somewhere when booking through them because they didn't have a flight from CLE or PIT that got to a connecting city early enough to catch an Aruba flight.

We are hoping to go to Aruba in April and I have yet to find a decent price on flights. I will post when when/if I do.

We live in Columbus Ohio. We can use US Air but I was wondering how much higher they would be. I randomly checked a date in March for US Air and Southwest and US Air was double what the price was for Southwest. Thanks for sharing. I sure would be nervous about waiting until June to book for July.

I would hope they would post more than just another month or two. And yes, US Air has always been pricey, at least from CLE and PIT.

BTW, this week my son submitted his early action app for OSU! Now the waiting begins.

Delta is showing fare pricing right now for June at the same price we paid booking 2 months in advance for this past June.

Congratulations to your son, I think OSU is one my granddaughter's picks as well. Great school.

Thanks so much for in the information. I appreciate it.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    I would hope they would post more than just another month or two. And yes, US Air has always been pricey, at least from CLE and PIT.

BTW, this week my son submitted his early action app for OSU! Now the waiting begins.
    SW post said fares would only be posted thru sometime in June on 11-10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12