Aruba Beach

Thread: Spirit Airlines???

Spirit Airlines???

Has anyone flown Spirit to Aruba yet? I see they have some pretty good rates leaving out of Boston (im from CT) You do have to stop twice but leave Boston at 5:30 and you in Aruba by 2 pm. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks!

I hear many complaints about them, but my brother flies them at least a couple of times per year between Atlantic City and Fort Lauderdale without any problems. He does not pay for luggage and only brings a carry-on.

Make sure you leave yourself enough time with your connections. Maybe overnight in Fort Lauderdale to insure you do not miss your flight? Check all the additional fees.

People like to complain about them and their add on fees, but they are pretty up front about them. If you are bringing a carry on, it has to fit under the seat in front of you or you will pay more to put it in the overhead than it would to check a bag. I flew down DCA-FLL-AUA a couple years ago and they treated me very nicely. All of the staff was extremely polite and friendly.

Sis-in-law and niece fly from Pittsburgh (Latrobe, actually) to fort Lauderdale 4-5 x per year and to aua every year and love them......they have a membership that allows them to get $9.00 one way fares occasionally (u have to b flexible when booking)..costs $59 or $65 a yr...can't remember which it is....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    .they have a membership that allows them to get $9.00 one way fares occasionally (u have to b flexible when booking)..costs $59 or $65 a yr...can't remember which it is....
    Yes, the $9 Fare Club, for a fee of $59.95 offers you highly discounted fares from $9 each way on up. My brother is a member and purchased tickets a few weeks ago for Friday to Tuesday travel Atlantic City to Ft. Lauderdale for $79 round trip.

If your dates are flexible, they offer some pretty straight forward options in order to see which dates are the least expensive.

For the heck of it I just priced ATL-FLL-AUA roundtrip in October and Spirt was $330. Delta, though non-stop, for the same dates, was $684. Two tickets, for the price of one

Thanks for all the responses seems like some good feed back about them , Im gonna keep an eye on flights for April out of Boston to Aruba. Thanks again for the responses.

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    I travel from Boston too and have used Yapta.com the past few years to track the pricing of my flights. I was able to pay just about the same price this year as we paid last year for direct to and from boston on Jet Blue. We paid just about $580 for our 2012 & 2013 trips - both in February. If you don't join the Spirit club Yatpa just may be a good tool for you. Good luck.