Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday departures from Aruba

Sunday departures from Aruba

I hear that the departures on Saturday are bad, how about the departures on Sunday? We will be there from May 23rd until June 6th. We changed the departure from Saturday until Sunday--hope it makes a difference.
    Also, what about the departures from the US? Do they actually pat you down? EWWW I know it is needed, but I hate the fact that they are going to touch my boobs and between the legs---but I guess I will do what I have to do. But does it take the 3 hours as it does in Aruba? We are flying out of Houston TX
    Thanks for your help!

I would love to know this as well. We have not booked our flight yet for our April visit, but will be doing so next week. We changed our reservation from a 5 day to 7 day trip and will be leaving sunday (plan to enjoy those two extra days). Any input is greatly appreciated.

Sun

I departed on a Sun. last year and I really didn't think it was all that bad, compared to departing on a Sat.

We just returned home from Aruba last Sunday, Jan 24, and found the airport rather quiet. Our Jet Blue flight was scheduled to depart at 1:30 and we arrived at the ticket counter just before 11:00. There were only two airlines checking in - ours and a USAir flight. No one else was in the departures hall. It was very quick through security, customs, etc. Also at the gate, they were hand-inspecting carry on bags and there were random pat downs as we boarded. I didn't have one, but hubby and son did.

As for departures from US to Aruba, we flew out of Boston and had no unusual checks. It was the normal security check but no pat downs or hand-inspections of carry-ons - we found this only on our return home from Aruba.

Thank you so much EHAMPITE! I am not looking forward to the pat downs, but I understand why we have to. I am glad to hear Sunday's aren't as bad as Saturday's. I know when that Sunday comes, I won't want to leave, so less hassel is better. We just can't wait to get there.
    Thanks Again!

We've flown back on various days over the years. Sunday is the second busiest day after Saturday. Also depends on what time your flight is - if it's early afternoon, it'll be better. But if it's in the middle with all of the other flights it'll be crowded.

Flew back on a Sunday last Sept. and while it wasn't as bad as Saturday, it was still busy/crowded with long security lines.

For our upcoming May trip, we decided to depart Aruba on a Monday. Love leaving during the week when the airport isn't as crowded like it is on the weekends.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 01-30-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Relax Love Aruba their not going to touch your boobs. And if there is a pat down doesn't it make you feel safer that other people are being patted down as well and no one is carring anything bad on board the air craft?

I guess it would depend on what time you're leaving, but for what it's worth, my Lady and I have almost always flown in and out on a Sunday (Canadian flights, once a week, no more, no less) and it never seems to be a major issue. It seems to be the same most days from what a friend at the airport in Aruba tells me.

And if watching the incoming planes is any indication, the stream seems pretty regular, so all in all, I don't think you've much to worry about. As for the pat-down, good luck with that. I haven't heard anything about the severity of the search leaving and entering Canada (anyone have any experience on the airlines since Xmas?) so I'm hoping it will be fairly non-eventful here.

I heard rumours of "No personal computers, stereos or iPods on flights...", but nothing since the Xmas scare.

Someone please tell me it isn't true....
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    Thank you so much EHAMPITE! I am not looking forward to the pat downs, but I understand why we have to. I am glad to hear Sunday's aren't as bad as Saturday's. I know when that Sunday comes, I won't want to leave, so less hassel is better. We just can't wait to get there.
    Thanks Again!
    Love Aruba, I hope your experience is like ours was. We have departed Aruba several times on Sunday and it's never been a problem. As Amy said, it probably depends on when your flight leaves. Ours all left between 1:30 and 2:30.

But I have to tell you our arrival on Monday, Jan 11, was insane! We usually try to fly on a weekday rather than a weekend in both directions, if we can. But that Monday when we arrived around 5:00 p.m. there had to have been at least a half dozen flights coming in all at the same time (we know of five for certain). We have never seen the arrivals hall so backed up and congested. It was crazy and took us a good 45 minutes to 1 hour to get through the line! Good thing about that was the luggage was ready and waiting for us by the time we got to baggage claim!

Good luck and enjoy Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    I heard rumours of "No personal computers, stereos or iPods on flights...", but nothing since the Xmas scare.

Someone please tell me it isn't true....
    No electronics or restroom for the last hour of the flight lasted for only a few days after the "Christmas bomber" and was only for the last hour of the flight. Now it is up to the pilot, but I am pretty sure for the most part that all procedures are back to normal.

The only exception being the hand inspection of carryons at the gate as well as pat downs. Believe me, the pat down is not a big deal. When they have a line of 150 people waiting and only two people "patting" they are not going to feel every nook and cranny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast