Aruba Beach

Thread: Sunday Jan. 6th

Question Sunday Jan. 6th

Does anyone know what happened at the airport that day? There were two problems but they seemed to be unrelated

1) apparently there was a plane (I think AA) that started out in the morning but 20 minutes into the flight had to turn around and land back in Aruba

2)all flights by mid morning could not fly due to communication problems between Aruba and Curacoa. People were sitting INSIDE the planes for 4 hours and they weren't allowed back into the terminal!! How ridiculous was that? People were sitting with children with only the food that was provided for the original flght and no one could go back inside the terminal!!!!!!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I have an Aruban friend who flew Delta home to AUA from ATL on Sunday and was told:

1. "there was no room to land" in Aruba
    2. Curacao could not take them due to air traffic control computer problems
    3. their Delta flight headed on to Caracas for refueling

I am still waiting to hear the final outcome.

I do know for a fact that when we departed on 1/3 our flight had been boarded and ready to go on time and we were 40+ minutes late taking off. At the same time my parents and grandmother were sitting on their separate airplane and departed 60+ minutes late. We were told it was air traffic control problems at the "Caribbean control center". Presumabably Curacao???

Apparently, there was a communication issue between Curacao and Aruba. My friends sat in their plane for 4 hours!!! We were watching the Aruba airport departures on the internet and saw that lots of planes were not taking off for hours. There was no room to land because no one could take off!!

Does anyone know what happened to the plane that left and had to return on Saturday Jan. 5th. We saw a AA airlines plane sitting at the far end of the runway with all of its doors open and it just didn't look right. We heard from a passenger that the plane had to be brought back to Aruba 20 minutes into the flight. Sorry, I originally put that as happening on Sunday but it was Saturday.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents