Aruba Beach

Thread: Sunwing - toronto to aruba - reviews

Sunwing - toronto to aruba - reviews

Hi All,
    been lurking here for awhile cathcing all sorts of great info.
    my SO and I jsut booked our first trip to Aruba for this Nov.
    we're flying sunwing from toronto to aruba, they get some VERY bad reviews for other destinations, but it was significantly cheaper than Air Canada.
    Anyone have expereince with sunwing to aruba? whats the meal like?

Without ripping Sunwing up and down, they're not the best of the carriers.
    Want to go to Aruba to enjoy your vacation, then that's what you have to keep in mind. Looking for some manner of luxurious travel, find another carrier. The food, well, you'd best take a sandwich to the airport or eat at Pearson (Terminal 3 is getting better that way), but don't look forward to a good meal on the plane.

The point is, you get on the plane, you go somewhere wonderful you want to be, then you go home.

It's taken me a long time to figure this out, but unless you're going to spend a bazillion bucks and get a private flight, it is what it is.
    An airline flight.

4 days and counting, this is joyous...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 21, 2017, unless that lottery ticket hits.

Like all charter planes, the seats are small and much more "squishy" than regular commercial flights. Air Canada is a complete rip off on flights to Aruba so we never fly on AC unless we are VERY lucky to get a aeroplan seat. Also, when flying a charter like Sunquest, you are very restricted on flying on the two days a week they travel to Aruba.
    We prefer the US carriers, like USAIR, as their prices are better than AC and you can travel on almost any day of the week and you can make a trip of any number of days you want. Aruba is far (and a long way) to go from Canada for only one week. By travelling via the US you can add on extra days to your trip. We don't live in Toronto so for us, we need to take two planes to Aruba so we aren't getting there on a direct flight anyway.
    Anytime I can not go through Pearson, I take that opportunity too.

Good luck!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents