Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By arubabob

Thread: SW Air Good news/Bad News

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course

SW Air Good news/Bad News

The good news is Southwest will have a flight from Tulsa to AUA starting on March 7. The bad news, sort of, is that it will only fly on Saturdays. That means we can go for a week or 2 weeks, not 10 or 11 nights. The flight will leave TUL at 08:30 am with plane change in Houston and arrive in Aruba at 04:00pm. Return is at noon from AUA arrive TUL at 9 pm. The good news is we have about 160,000 FF miles on SWA. Good for us to go about 2 times depending on when we go. I noticed they will also have flights from Dallas Love, St Louis, Chicago and a few other places. Not sure when they start though. Fares look good too from here. $613 for a round trip on March 28 returning following Saturday. 34,400 FF miles per ticket. That's cheaper than Delta or AA from here.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Win win for you
    you stay 2 weeks Good
    you got points to use Good
    win win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    The good news is Southwest will have a flight from Tulsa to AUA starting on March 7. The bad news, sort of, is that it will only fly on Saturdays. That means we can go for a week or 2 weeks, not 10 or 11 nights. The flight will leave TUL at 08:30 am with plane change in Houston and arrive in Aruba at 04:00pm. Return is at noon from AUA arrive TUL at 9 pm. The good news is we have about 160,000 FF miles on SWA. Good for us to go about 2 times depending on when we go. I noticed they will also have flights from Dallas Love, St Louis, Chicago and a few other places. Not sure when they start though. Fares look good too from here. $613 for a round trip on March 28 returning following Saturday. 34,400 FF miles per ticket. That's cheaper than Delta or AA from here.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Win win for you
    you stay 2 weeks Good
    you got points to use Good
    win win!!!
    Yes it is a win except that we like to stay at Costa Linda and Renaissance suites and they are both Friday to Friday. I think Playa Linda is Sunday to Sunday. Maybe Phoenix is Saturday to Saturday. I cant remember.

Yes, that is good news but I also understand about the Sunday to sunday/ Fri-Fri...etc. We own and Divi Village and it is Sunday to Sunday so if I am planning on going anytime that is not our usual weeks I have to consider moving over to Divi Dutch or Phoenix....
    But at least you have FF miles and can use them without them taking a big chunk for each flight !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME