Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: SWA in Aruba the "lining up process"

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    that logic seems like adding more stress to the traveler. our friends flew home on SWA from Aruba. They were on the beach, had to get back to get on the laptop to try to get in group A but didn't make it and one got in group A and the other in Group B. Please, just give me an assigned seat. I stopped playing musical chairs when I was a kid. I didn't find it fun then, and I certainly wouldn't pay to play it as adult.
    The SW process makes me a nervous wreck, but sometimes in our area the price just makes the most sense for a nonstop and no bag fees. We always do early bird check in which is 12.50 per person each way. We've been luck to get the exit row where there are only 2 seats and we've been lucky to have an open middle seat. As nervous as I get about it, we've been pretty lucky.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    we also do the early bird check in and each take an aisle.
    we do love the free checked bag feature and their pricing is fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    The SW process makes me a nervous wreck, but sometimes in our area the price just makes the most sense for a nonstop and no bag fees. We always do early bird check in which is 12.50 per person each way. We've been luck to get the exit row where there are only 2 seats and we've been lucky to have an open middle seat. As nervous as I get about it, we've been pretty lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    that logic seems like adding more stress to the traveler. our friends flew home on SWA from Aruba. They were on the beach, had to get back to get on the laptop to try to get in group A but didn't make it and one got in group A and the other in Group B. Please, just give me an assigned seat. I stopped playing musical chairs when I was a kid. I didn't find it fun then, and I certainly wouldn't pay to play it as adult.
    Agree. You couldn't pay me to fly on an airline without an assigned seat. No thanks. We stick with one airline to accumulate miles/frequent flyer status so we can get priority seating and/or free upgrades on flights. Worth every penny to have a smooth travel/flight experience without adding stress that no one needs.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We also travel Southwest. I am awaiting the fares to go down to book my July visit. So far they are very high. I am hoping they get somewhat reasonable. I booked with American last year and it was pretty high. We always try to travel Southwest. I think they offer the best fares and the system works for us. We usually add the early bird as well.

Aruba since 1979
    i agree with you sue.
    we are frequent flyers with swa and enjoy the free flights now and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    We also travel Southwest. I am awaiting the fares to go down to book my July visit. So far they are very high. I am hoping they get somewhat reasonable. I booked with American last year and it was pretty high. We always try to travel Southwest. I think they offer the best fares and the system works for us. We usually add the early bird as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12