Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SWA - Customer of Size policy

Aruba since 1979

Thumbs up SWA - Customer of Size policy

Hi have had a couple of conversations with 2 different friends over the last few days about "tight seating"

This is not about being fat, so please no commentary, we are judgment free here.

SWA has a unique plan.

Check it out https://www.southwest.com/html/gener...olicy_faq.html

Unique is right!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

One day planes will have large comfy seats and all will be happy..................in my dreams

There is this show I used to watch called Airline or something like that on one of the cable channels. It featured Southwest Airlines and there was an episode where they made a person of size purchase a second seat. He was actually on a business trip returning back home and had to call his supervisor so they could pay for the second seat.

I have never flown SWA but will be in April. I just read their info and it appears the seats are 17 inches wide- I am not overweight at 6' 1", 190 but I am reasonably sure my shoulders are more than 17 inches wide, I guess I am sitting sideways or buying an extra seat if someone complains. I am going to promise myself never to fly anything but direct going forward....

Aruba since 1979
    SWA seats are really no different than any other airline coach seats.

But the great part about buying the extra seat ao accommodate is that the passenger is issued a full refund after trip's completion.

My husband is a person of size and wears leg braces. It is very difficult for him to maneuver. SWA issued an extra boarding pass that he placed on the middle seat. The airlines were very accommodating, sensitive to his medical needs and I was grateful. (I actually had my entire seat instead of squeezed to accommodate him).

Andrea, great to know for people that will need the extra space. I am glad they are similar size, I survive in those, the 17 inches had me looking for a tape measure last night, lol.

I just booked Southwest for my return trip home from Aruba in Oct, I might have to go easy on the food and balashi beers ! Lol

My husband is 6'5" and sometimes we can't get seats with extra leg room. We try, but you pay a price of course, and they sell out quickly. The poor girl in front of us this year couldn't put her seat back. Wish there was some solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast