Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By danadog56
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14

Thread: SWA has opened their flights thru Nov 4, 2016

Aruba since 1979

SWA has opened their flights thru Nov 4, 2016

If you want to fly SWA, their flights are now open thru Nov 4, 2016.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Sounds like someone is planning a trip out of MCO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    If you want to fly SWA, their flights are now open thru Nov 4, 2016.

I looked at a few dates in September and October and it looks like the daily nonstop flights from Baltimore to Aruba are going away. There were non stops on Saturday, but none of the other days I checked. This is a sad development. The only reason we were willing to deal with Southwest boarding process was for the nonstop option any day of the week. Looks like it's back to United and American for us.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    that is unfortunate.
    I wish SWA would continue their daily service year round.
    if SWA price were right would you deal with the connection?
    an Orlando connection is so much easier than Miami.

when we moved to Florida, one of the things i was whining about was losing our good flights from Logan (boston) to Aruba

we found that our options improved due to our proximity to Orlando airport.
    we also had a huge amount of miles/points on our AA account.
    for a couple of years, using AA we'd fly from Tampa to Miami, or Orlando to Miami and then on to Aruba.
    Miami was the pits, but i tried not to complain too loudly.

when AA miles were used we switched to Air Tran (OMG airlines) from Orlando and they had non stops to Aruba.
    they were then gobbled up by SWA and we have been happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I looked at a few dates in September and October and it looks like the daily nonstop flights from Baltimore to Aruba are going away. There were non stops on Saturday, but none of the other days I checked. This is a sad development. The only reason we were willing to deal with Southwest boarding process was for the nonstop option any day of the week. Looks like it's back to United and American for us.

Maybe that's why I've never booked SWA - they open their flights much later than other airlines & I'm generally booked by now.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Jacki, I am the same way....I usually have my November trip booked by now, but I have decided to try SWA. After the problem with AA last November and since I hate them anyway...(still sore about merger of USAir with AA) I am giving SWA a try. Problem is I still have to wait a bit for them to open up flights into December....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Unfortuately I can go down SWA but they still do not come back in August after the 7th I guess they think nobody goes to Aruba in August. I will never figure it out. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that is unfortunate.
    I wish SWA would continue their daily service year round.
    if SWA price were right would you deal with the connection?
    an Orlando connection is so much easier than Miami.
    I get very anxious with the seating on SWA, so I would not want to deal with a connection. I can manage it once each way, but if I have to do a connection I would rather have our seats assigned ahead of time. The reality is I crowd the person next to me, so I can't be in the middle and am only comfortable next to Jon. BWI is the furthest of the 3 major airports near us so that plays into it as well, we can take taxis to the other two for not much more than it costs to park. Taxis are more relaxing for us. We still have a nonstop option on United, but again its only Saturday to Saturday. On AA, we always have to stop but they seem to have the best prices lately. We are pretty much building our budget based on 1st class when we can now. I don't mind connecting on the way to Aruba, its the way home that I just want to get it over with. On the way there, we have drinks and are in a good mood. On the way home, not so much.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 02-19-2016 at 07:47 PM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back