Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Taking food out of Aruba on Plane

Taking food out of Aruba on Plane

So we have a 5:30 pm flight leaving Aruba, don't arrive in NY till 10 pm if all goes well (meaning I won't be home till 11-11:30). We plan on lunch before we go to the airport.
    I know there is nothing in the airport I can eat safely (gluten intolerant). Besides me bring snack food prepackaged which I know is allowed is there any type of sandwich or salad I am allowed to go through US Customs with and bring on the plane?
    Has anyone brought food through Customs?
    Thanks All,
    Cathey
    Last edited by Cathey; 08-04-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Basically no meat or vegetables, maybe fruit (?)

I know I had a turkey sandwich which was confiscated one year. It was the bread, it was the turkey. Customs suggested Tuna next time.

Aruba Airport Information needed

I would check out

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citize...stricted-items

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/internatio...cultural-items
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-24-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    PB and J always works.
    No fruit either.

We have brought PB sandwiches, pudding packs, cookies, ....no meat, veggies or fruit..
    my husband LOVES the grilled chicken sandwiches that are sold at one of the food places across from i think gate 6. they will wrap it and you can bring it on the plane.

Thanks for the feed back, I guess the safest is PBJ. Don't want to risk the mayo in the tuna with the heat. The pudding packs gave me an idea of bringing Del Monte fruit cups (since they are pre-packaged and processed) it might work. Well we see on my trip review. Thanks again,
    Cathey

Plane nuts aren't enough?
    lol, You'd think they could come up with something better than corn chips & nuts for an international flight...
    I generally stuff myself before getting on the plane then bring a few granola bars with me. Anything sealed wont be questioned.
    Good luck.

My husband has a major food restriction (no sodium) so I packed a cooler of food I prepared for him. He can't eat anything at the airport either. The first customs official made a huge big deal about what I brought and pulled us into a special area, told us we would be fined, etc. Then we got interviewed by a customs official from Food and Dairy (or something like that) and he was very nice. After I explained what I packed, why I packed it, and where I got it, he let us bring it through. Tuna on rolls, peanut butter on crackers were ok with him. No fresh fruit allowed.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Not knowing the rules about food/fruit, during a trip home two years ago, I brought an apple and a banana for my daughter to eat on the plane. At customs, one was confiscated (I think the apple) but they let me bring the other.

I lost my leftover pizza from Linda's because of the pepperoni a couple years ago, lesson learned.

Thank's all for you experience and suggestions. DH will be ok since he can eat anything.

I guess the US Customs is a good day or bad day hit or miss on their part. I may not even eat what I try and bring on the plane, would be nice to eat if I chose to. I'm going to try the PBJ with crackers or bread and pre packaged fruit cups as well as my packaged True/Kind bars.
    Hope when I get home the Boyz (spelled correctly on my part) didn't eat my frozen gluten free pizza. I'll let you know how I pass Customs.
    Damn a criminal properly has more rights then us through US Customs.
    Thanks again all,
    Cathey

Dom
    This past June my daughter-in-law brought an orange for my grandson. Customs pulled us out of line and we had to wait about 15 minutes before a supervisor came over to us to lecture us on the fact that oranges are not allowed to be brought back into the US. However, he did say that taking bannanas back was OK. Go figure.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast