Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By LeaveTheKidsWithMom
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By hatteras

Thread: Terminal 3 @ FLL disgraceful.

Aruba since 1979

Terminal 3 @ FLL disgraceful.

JB is located at terminal 3

I was incredibly unimpressed by this airport on both ends..departure to aruba and arriving from aruba.

I cannot speak for the whole airport, but I can say that terminal 3 was congested, poorly air-conditioned, dirty, rest rooms unacceptably filthy, many non working electric outlets in the areas set aside for electronic devices like laptops, phone charging etc and insufficient number of chairs at the gates. All in all it really was terrible.

JB has a huge presence in FLL.
    Why do they not spiff this place up?

Andrea I am with you...I flew through FLL airport and was shocked at the lack of seating and overall "feeling" of the airport...its another reason for me NOT to connect, lol.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Try MIA and you will get immediate appreciation for FLL.

Aruba since 1979
    i have never had an issue with MIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    Try MIA and you will get immediate appreciation for FLL.

Bri
    I’ve never gotten a seat in FLL when connecting on JB. Always end up sitting on the floor or standing uncomfortably to use an outlet.

Aruba since 1979
    that was one of my many observations.
    insufficient seats, insufficient everything.
    JB ought to be ashamed to use this terminal.
    when we arrived in FLL on Tuesday evening, i saw an elderly couple, sitting on the floor in FLL.
    there is no reason for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I’ve never gotten a seat in FLL when connecting on JB. Always end up sitting on the floor or standing uncomfortably to use an outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    JB is located at terminal 3

I was incredibly unimpressed by this airport on both ends..departure to aruba and arriving from aruba.

I cannot speak for the whole airport, but I can say that terminal 3 was congested, poorly air-conditioned, dirty, rest rooms unacceptably filthy, many non working electric outlets in the areas set aside for electronic devices like laptops, phone charging etc and insufficient number of chairs at the gates. All in all it really was terrible.

JB has a huge presence in FLL.
    Why do they not spiff this place up?
    Curios to know if you contacted Jet Blue? I wonder if there is a planned upgrade? Sometimes a social media post pointing out short comings can go a long way, and sometimes it means nothing. Wish I had known this prior to booking our November flights on Jet Blue. Not looking forward to that layover.

Aruba since 1979
    nope but i did write a letter listing my unhappiness and sent if off the the FLL airport authority
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Curios to know if you contacted Jet Blue? I wonder if there is a planned upgrade? Sometimes a social media post pointing out short comings can go a long way, and sometimes it means nothing. Wish I had known this prior to booking our November flights on Jet Blue. Not looking forward to that layover.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Tracey. We used Jet Blue in FLL last fall with no problems at all. Yes, the gate areas are small, but it worked out fine. It could certainly use some upgrades, but I'll take it over Miami any day.