Aruba Beach

Thread: Thank you Delta

Unhappy Thank you Delta

It is so heartwarming to listen to the CEO of Delta during the pre-take-off instructions as he espouses how proud he is to sit in the chair of their founder each day and fulfill his values . . . I wish the gate agent in Toronto would watch that video (in fact I suggested she watch it).

I am delighted to be back at our "second home" in Aruba for a few weeks . . . but somewhat annoyed over the level of apathy shown by the gate agents who were "too busy" to assist me with seat assignments on our ATL-AUA segment. Honestly, no wonder we make the 2 hour trek to Buffalo airport from the Toronto area where it is so much easier and friendlier to travel there . . . Toronto Pearson needs to get their act together.

To top it off . . . somehow, the terrific baggage handlers in Toronto forgot to load my bag on the flight . . . and on the next one, and on the next one . . . my bag has not left Toronto yet.

Upon arriving in Aruba this afternoon, the baggage service people here were helpful . . . but I must have looked incredibly surprised that it required the team here i Aruba to message the team in Toronto to tell them to make sure they load the bag on a flight tomorrow . . .

Oh well, good thing I have a pretty good wardrobe I keep here :-)

A nice pizza at Casa Tua, a glass of wine on our back patio . . . and we will be good to go tomorrow . . . especially if my bag arrives.

Thank you Delta!

Michael

Aruba since 1979
    i know the luggage woes.

delta's gate agents apathetic ways are nothing out of the norm these days is it?!

maybe it is a sign of the times that folks do not take their customer service jobs seriously.
    is apathy a pre qualifier for customer service?

have a good stay in aruba, happy new year and enjoy........your luggage will arrive soon. i hope.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    hey you are in aruba, what could be better?

Ellen - good point . . . having my new golf bag my clothes will get here would be nice . . . now, you can't I will golf with an old golf bag and without my new golf clothes now will you ;-)

Aruba since 1979
    has your luggage not yet arrived?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    Ellen - good point . . . having my new golf bag my clothes will get here would be nice . . . now, you can't I will golf with an old golf bag and without my new golf clothes now will you ;-)

Andrea - yep, luggage finally got here . . . 2 days late and my having to make numerous calls once Delta resigned their responsibility indicating it is now the local courier's responsibility . . . when will airlines ever learn the golden rule of customer service . . . oh well, just getting ready to ring in the new year with our friends / neighbors in Las Palmas. Happy New Year! Michael

Aruba since 1979
    glad you got the luggage.

AA sent ours to Dallas on the 23rd. We got it on the 24th.

In August, our 1 checked bag did a tour around the world and we got it 16 days later.
    We had put in our claim with AA and got the luggage by courier the same day we were to have mailed the claim. They blamed that lost and then found piece on hurricane irene.