Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Are there taxes when you fly from Aruba to Curacao

Smile Are there taxes when you fly from Aruba to Curacao

My wife, 2 daughters and I will be flying from Aruba to Curacao the end of Nov and I paid for a round trip ticket. Will there be taxes added when we go or are they priced in the tickets like they are when you fly to Aruba from the states? Thanks alot!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

When I bought the tickets, it said taxes and airline fees. It was like $30 each
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    The taxes are high. I am away from my puter and cannot research but last I heard about $65 pp

Is that each way?

Exclamation I did a search of the forum searching curacao tax and tag search for Curacao

The departure TAX is NOT included in the price of your ticket.

Non usa departures

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    The departure tax is much less now between Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire. It was just lowered within the last year to promote more tourism between islands.

And yes, the security screening is identical except you only go through one security screening, not two.
    side trip to Curacao

Quote Originally Posted by MarcioCampos View Post
    Anyway, if you are considering a day trip to Curaçao, just think of what you're planning to see and do, and check if the extra US$ 70 per person in departure fees are worth it. Cristina and I weren't happy to pay the fees (which we considered absurd given it was just island hopping) but were aware that we may not have a similar opportunity in the near future.

Cheers

Marcio
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/curacao.html
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 09-09-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.
    Kent, as far as I know the departure taxes aren't included. So be prepared to pay around USD 35 per person in Aruba (cash only) and USD 35 more per person in Curaçao (cards accepted).

Cheers

Marcio

Aruba since 1979
    so approx $70 pp r/t.

robbery

Quote Originally Posted by MarcioCampos View Post
    Kent, as far as I know the departure taxes aren't included. So be prepared to pay around USD 35 per person in Aruba (cash only) and USD 35 more per person in Curaçao (cards accepted).

Cheers

Marcio

Smile

Ok Thanks alot!! Thats almost what I paid for the flights. Maybe we could just swim it!!!!! LOL!!

That discourages island jumping, think they would price better. @ least to pull americans away from aruba.

According to their website http://www.curacao-airport.com/servi...-departure-fee, the fee is USD $32.00.

Departure fees can be used for a variety of things such a airport maintenance and upkeep.

Departing from the U.S. these fees are including in the price of your air ticket, as is the Aruba departure tax. We all pay it, just never notice it.

U.S. International Transportation (Arrival/Departure) Tax
    Applies to all flights arriving in or departing from the United States, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands $16.70

How about?
    U.S. Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) Fee
    Applies to all flights originating abroad and landing in the United States, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands $5.00

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Fee
    Applies to international arrivals to the United States, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands $7.00

September 11th Security Fee (aka U.S. Passenger Civil Aviation Security Fee)
    U.S. government-assessed fee of $2.50 per U.S. enplanement per ticketed journey for security costs not to exceed $5.00 one-way or $10.00 round-trip (fees accrue incrementally with multi-segment travel itineraries)
    U.S. Domestic and International $2.50 per U.S. enplanement

And there are more
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 09-11-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast