Aruba Beach

Thread: Thomas Cook planes roll into Pearson, take off for the sun

Arrow Thomas Cook planes roll into Pearson, take off for the sun

Thomas Cook planes roll into Pearson, take off for the sun
    "The initial charter service begins with more than 70 flights departing each week to 19 sun destinations, including Aruba, Curacao, Jamaica, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, the Bahamas and Puerto Vallarta. Two flights departed Friday morning from Pearson International Airport in Toronto. One was headed to Montego Bay, Jamaica, the second to Cancun, Mexico. Flights from Halifax, Montreal and Ottawa will begin in December."

WOW!!!! I am happy!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Well, I am not so happy anymore! I did a little digging and this announcement is a little deceiving. Thomas Cook is working with Sunquest Tours so they don't actually have their own aircraft. Sunquest uses Air Canada and that is the flights that go via Toronto at the OUTRAGEOUS prices. Way cheaper not to fly with AC but to use one of the American airlines.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I noticed that too. But what I have noticed is that if you look at AC Vacations instead of AC.com the prices are really different. Random dates to go through TO from calgary with AC Vacations the prices are what we regularly pay (anywhere from 1K-$1,200 or so) instead of the usual Air Canada $1800 through TO. I am assuming that it is the same flight......very strange.

Depending on what time of year you fly will determine the pricing as well. AC vacations buys up about half of the AC flights. During Chritmas time (which is peak season) you can fly USAir for about $800. Similar pricing on Continental too.

. . . or if you are in the Toronto area, drive to Buffalo and fly on either JetBlue, Delta, or USAirways . . . for around $425 return. We rarely pay more than $500 CDN round trip ($110 USD parking for 12-14 days) . . . and are generally on the island 6-7 times a year. Michael

P.S. can't wait for a WestJet direct service to the island . . .

Andrea - can we also create a "Canadian" group within the aruba.com forum? Does this accomplish anything to connect the fellow Canucks more easily? Michael