Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: For those of you traveling to or from aruba over the holidays

Aruba since 1979

For those of you traveling to or from aruba over the holidays

How was your experience with the ARUBA IMMIGRATION lines at arrival?

How was your experience with US CUSTOMS and the new scanners and global entry for departure?

Re: departures
    How long did it take you and what day and time were you traveling?

Thanks

It took us one hour to check in at Delta. There was one family of 6, including a child on a "leash" who created total chaos. How do people get away with this?

It took us one hour from leaving check in to get through the rest of the maze. So two hours total on Friday January 2.

Global Entry kiosks are immediately to the right upon entering "the room" and use the same short line as "crew members".

The passport kiosks were manned by Customs officers walking people through their use.

The line was out the door into the luggage room. This was at about 2 pm.

Our family of three stood online for about 15 minutes when we were asked if our Customs form was completed. It was- declaring our 2 six packs of Amstel Bright.

We were pulled out of line, bypassing the kiosk process entirely and were led directly to the immigration officer. Our "officer" happened to be a nice gentlemen who had been living at the Amsterdam Manor when we were there in June. He recognized us and told us he is now happily settled in permanent housing on the island. We were out of there as fast as he could scan our passports.

If we had not been pulled out of line I am thinking we would have been there another 30-45 minutes minimum. Our flight departed a good 20 minutes late so still would have had a tiny cushion.

Aruba since 1979
    i like the fact that you were pulled out of the line and led directly to a customs officer.

thanks for sharing your experiences

First time in years we went from Aruba straight to Toronto and then onto our home city. We only did Aruba customs so we went quickly which was nice. Usually we go via a US city so we do the double customs.

HOWEVER, we are going through the US in March and I was wondering how this new system works and is working. We have global entry but I am not sure if our friends do. Worried about how this will affect them and if this means getting to the airport earlier than 3 hours?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

You have to get lucky once in a while We made it to the gate area just in time to say good bye to my Dad who had been whisked off via wheelchair by an American employee.

Just as a matter of info, with the way they treat wheelchair passengers in Miami he will now be flying Delta to Aruba. American apparently feels that it is appropriate in Miami to take wheelchair bound passengers to a holding area before having another employee take the passenger to baggage claim. This time he was "stuck" at the holding area for 45 minutes, last time it was an hour.

Sorry about American in Miami Lisa - that sounds extremely frustrating!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    It took us one hour to check in at Delta. There was one family of 6, including a child on a "leash" who created total chaos. How do people get away with this?
    Child on a leash?!? Please tell me you have a picture!

Was it the family creating the chaos or the leashed kid?!?

Gotta know!

Just a little mention on our departure December 14th with the passport scanners. They made everyone do it so you just cant get in line like before. We were in line awhile before someone came over and directed us to kiosk. We couldn't do kiosk at first, it it kept showing up a different name when I typed in starting info. We asked for help and the woman was annoyed at me and hit cancel button and said "just redo everything" with a tone like I was a mental case. I told her I never even got to the point of putting in my passport and something must be wrong. She walked away, with me just standing at passport kiosk. I looked closely in slot and I see the person before me left their passport in machine slot so it would not let me reset to enter my info. I pulled it out got my passport done and spoke to lady before I left. I told her to "please take a minute next time someone asks for help". I handed her the other persons passport and she knew then that she messed up. No apology, but I hope I helped the person out that left it by turning it in.
    Sean and Susan

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    hey sean & susan, we left on the 14th, too i must say, the people working the kiosks were not the friendliest, seemed a little annoyed. however a fellow passenger did show us what to do

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hi guys
    i will put my 2 cents in as soon as I can get a chunk of time that the internet work
    honestly had no arrival to Aruba issues
    leavjng Friday so departure might be another story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast