Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: For those of you traveling to or from aruba over the holidays

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Child on a leash?!? Please tell me you have a picture!

Was it the family creating the chaos or the leashed kid?!?

Gotta know!
    The child on the leash WAS with the family who created the chaos. It literally took 10 minutes for 3 adults to figure out how to put their car seat into a large clear plastic bag to protect it from (presumably the rain in case there were a shower).There were 2 car seats, so 20 minutes to wrap 2 car seats. 1 adult to hold onto the leash and keep an eye on the other toddler and an infant, 1 adult to put the car seats in the bags and dad standing looking pretty while the agent scanned the passports and printed boarding passes and checked luggage. Wish I had a picture. Felt most sorry for the woman standing in front of us who was on crutches. On the bright side, they waited until we were at the gate to put their stroller into its special carry case. That took 2 adults.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    As we arrived (12/26 4:31) here on the island via USAir we were expecting the worse; long custom lines, long baggage wait etc

Our flight was on time, we breezed thru customs and luggage pickup was fine.

it was a typical visit to the island....bully met us and we headed to LaCabana.

Uneventful❤️

Aruba since 1979
    that is terrific!
    this time of year, sometimes that back up at aruba immigration is long!

enjoy the rest of your stay.....about 48 hrs left?
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    As we arrived (12/26 4:31) here on the island via USAir we were expecting the worse; long custom lines, long baggage wait etc

Our flight was on time, we breezed thru customs and luggage pickup was fine.

it was a typical visit to the island....bully met us and we headed to LaCabana.

Uneventful❤️

There was a family of nine staying at the Amsterdam Manor. I had emailed Cindy in advance to tell her that this family arrived on a United flight on Christmas Eve Day 12/24 and it took them 2 hours to get through Aruba Immigrations.

IF they were first time travelers to Aruba I can understand how that would be a consideration in planning future vacations.

The grandma of the family never uses a wheelchair and after the first hour of standing she couldn't do it anymore. Fortunately a family member was able to get someone's attention in order to get a wheelchair.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we landed the day after thanksgiving, a friday. the immigration line was wrapped around, all booths open and people were standing going up the stairs. it looked like a scene from a musical. i told my husband to pick a line, i was going to the bathroom to change from my jeans to my shorts (yes, i stuck them in my purse just in case). he actually picked the best line. it was the only line that there were two people manning the booths. so it took us maybe half an hour tops and that's only because our line just kept moving. i've never seen it like that. and the funny part is everyone around us and in line were all repeats so no one was mad or nasty. it was like who cares, i'm here and can't wait to hit that air outside, lol, but first pick up that bottle of tequila from the duty free............

We arrived on Tuesday, Dec. 30th. - we were in First Class so one of the first off the plane. Stood in the immigration line for maybe 10 minutes at the most. Luggage came within 10 minutes. All in all, in and out of the airport in 20 minutes at the most. Flight landed at 3:30pm and we were at the resort with our rental car by 4:15/4:30pm.

We departed on Tuesday, Jan. 6th. We lost a little track of time with a long morning beach day and a late lunch so we didn't arrive at the airport until 2:35 for a 4:35pm flight which is a little less time than I would have liked. No lines at the Delta counter so in and out in 5 minutes. The first security line was pretty light and moved fast. We spent 5 minutes looking at magazines before heading into the room to claim our bags. Walked into the customs room and stood in line to use a APC machine - that was quick and easy and took all of 5 minutes. But then.....had to stand in the usual customs line which seemed to move slightly faster than usual but still took awhile. Total time in the customs area was about 20 minutes. Usually the second security line is the quick one for us but this time the line snaked around a bit and we had to wait.

Total time from walking in the door at the airport to getting to our gate was about 40 minutes. Got to our gate and had only 5 minutes to wait before boarding began. Took off on time.

Didn't seem much different (as far as time involved) as previous trips.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12