Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Timing at Aruba's Queen Beatrix Airport + US Customs lines

Aruba since 1979

Timing at Aruba's Queen Beatrix Airport + US Customs lines

we had friends that just returned from Aruba on Jan 2.
    per the Airport's FB page, they are requesting passengers to allow 3 - 4 hours at the airport.

here is the report (in red) that she emailed to me for Jan 2 travel ( before the huge storm in the northeast really got going)
    i cannot imagine the craziness/congestion/frustration at affected airports............northeast usa, aruba, hubs...miami, atlanta etc..

"It took us a little over 1 hours to get through the airport and to our gate. The worst part was getting through US Customs & Immigrations. The line was backed up into the “luggage room”. There were 6 lanes open. One guy who was at the back of the line when we were at the front of the Customs line went to the expediter and said he needed to cut the line because his flight was at 3:30 pm. He may or may not have made his flight? The expediter basically said, “sorry cannot help you”. Either way still better than going through Customs in the U.S."

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I feel for anyone dealing with these delays and long lines. Always, always leave yourself more than enough time departure day is stressful and depressing enough to have to deal with added problems. Anyone still dealing with these problems good luck and safe travels.

Bully picked us up at the Amsterdam Manor at 1 pm Thursday. My Dad's flight was at 3:40 pm and ours was at 4:20 pm. With bad weather in the states that morning, flights that day were departing late since they arrived late.

We were in the gate area by about 2:45 pm. If I were leaving today or tomorrow I would definitely have given myself 4 hours, AFTER checking to make sure that my flight had not been cancelled.

Once the global entry kiosks are installed the wait times will reduce. They have them in Dublin now for pre-clearance so yes they are installing them in pre-clearance countries. I hope it's soon for AUA.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    they definitely should put them in the Aruba airport. This way you can print your boarding passes and zip through instead of waiting in the check in lines. It would really reduce the times at the airport probably by at least a half hour or so.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.globalentry.gov/about.html

i knew/know nothing about global entry so i again let google be my friend.

US CUSTOMS on aruba is what seems to be the major issue of late.
    QUOTE=Lighthouse;252371]Once the global entry kiosks are installed the wait times will reduce. They have them in Dublin now for pre-clearance so yes they are installing them in pre-clearance countries. I hope it's soon for AUA.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    http://www.globalentry.gov/about.html

i knew/know nothing about global entry so i again let google be my friend.

US CUSTOMS on aruba is what seems to be the major issue of late.
    http://www.globalentry.gov/applicationfees.html $100 fee per applicant, non refundable if you are not approved.

Aruba since 1979
    forget it
    $100 p person not with us. 2 tumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    http://www.globalentry.gov/applicationfees.html $100 fee per applicant, non refundable if you are not approved.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Why don't they have regular kiosks like all the other airports. You go, put your number in & it prints your boarding pass

Gaby, some airlines have begun putting kiosks in for check-in and boarding passes. Cannot recall off the top of my head which ones.

What Andrea and Lighthouse referred to is the global entry kiosks which pertain to US Customs & Immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Why don't they have regular kiosks like all the other airports. You go, put your number in & it prints your boarding pass

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast