Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Timing at Aruba's Queen Beatrix Airport + US Customs lines

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    interesting reading
    ( this the nexus program?)
    as was said in a previous airline thread...
    you may want to save your $$....the $100 is non refundable
    Global Entry is for US citizens only.

NEXUS is for US-Canadians citizens crossing each other borders.
    Here's NEXUS program link:

What Are The Benefits Of NEXUS?

Individuals approved to participate in NEXUS receive an identification card that allows them to:
    • Receive expedited passage at NEXUS-dedicated lanes, airport kiosks, and by calling a marine telephone reporting center to report their arrival into the United States and Canada; and
    • Cross the border with a minimum of customs and immigration questioning
    • Use of Global Entry kiosks

Per website:
    The NEXUS program allows pre-screened travelers expedited processing by United States and Canadian officials at dedicated processing lanes at designated northern border ports of entry, at NEXUS kiosks at Canadian Preclearance airports, and at marine reporting locations. Approved applicants are issued a photo-identification, proximity Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) card. Participants use the three modes of passage where they will either present their NEXUS card or have their iris scanned and make a declaration.
    U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) are cooperating in this venture to simplify passage for pre-approved travelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i respectfully disagree.

paying the UP charge to the airline gives certain perks and benefits to the passenger only associated with the airline.

everything else at the airport is equal. security points, aruba immigration, us customs.
    You are truely right.
    But I've visited a couple of airport through the past years, and learned about the advantages of a prio lane through the safety.
    I think also the airport (in combination with each airline) should have an interest of being attractive to people who pay quiet more for their ticket.

But okay, it is like it is and we have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    the self service kiosks, is that to print your boarding passes? is that for any airline?
    Yes, the self service kiosks will print your board passes. Each airline has their own self service kiosk so it's not just for any airline to use. Not sure which airlines have them at AUA Airport - some do and some don't. We only use Delta and I know Delta has them for their passengers.

Also regarding TSA pre-check, you don't have to pay to join one of the programs to use TSA pre-check. Alot of the airlines offer TSA pre-check for their frequent flyer members. As Delta Skymiles members, my husband and I have been able to use TSA pre-check at several airports in the U.S. over the past couple of years now.

More info at link:
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234