Aruba Beach

Thread: today's amigoe air tran

Aruba since 1979

Thumbs up today's amigoe air tran

Expansion Airtran flights
    11 Dec, 2010, 07:48 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel
    Print dit artikel
    ORANJESTAD — Airline company Airtran will be expanding their weekend flights from Atlanta. During the period March up to and including May 2011, Airtran will be performing daily flights to Aruba. After this period, the company will evaluate the frequency of flights to Aruba during the next winter season.

AAA-director Peter Steinmetz received this news beginning this week during Network Latin America in Costa Rica. This event brings representatives of airline companies and airports in Latin America together for consultation. As expected, during this meeting Copa Airlines confirmed once again they would increase the flight schedule up to five times per week as of the summer of 2011. Moreover, the airline company offers better connections with South America and the Caribbean area by adjusting the departure times.

In addition to aforementioned companies, Steinmetz and his colleague Barbara Brown also held extensive conversations with other American and Latin American airline companies. For instance, they spoke of the current state of affairs and future possibilities. Conversations were also held with representatives of several surrounding airports to consult with certain airline companies.
    It became clear during the meeting that the companies flying to Aruba view this winter season positively with ‘a solid number of bookings’. According to director Steinmetz, in general, the airline companies are pleased with the achievements of destination Aruba and the early bookings for the winter season. “Our partners appreciate our proactive attitude. Moreover, the expansions of both Airtran and Copa confirm our careful choices in establishing certain flying routes. It is a labor-intensive process, based on mutual trust.”

The reason Air Tran will be re-evaluating the flights is because they expect the Southwest merger to be approved by then. Hopefully they continue to fly to Aruba but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Hopefully they continue to fly to Aruba but I have my doubts.
    on that note Chadd.

Daily Southwest flights all year round would be a dream come true from Atlanta. On the dates that Air Tran does not fly, right now looking out past 4 months, Delta is charging air fares equivalent to Christmas fares.

Aruba since 1979
    the flight crew on our flight on air tran on sat the 11th was very optimistic on the deal coming to being and very upbeat on continued and increased air to aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the flight crew on our flight on air tran on sat the 11th was very optimistic on the deal coming to being and very upbeat on continued and increased air to aruba.
    If Southwest can fly there 6-8 times a day from their hubs, they may keep the service. They will not fly to Aruba once a day or less. There are some parts of their business model that they seem willing to change, don't expect the frequency of flights to be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    on that note Chadd.

Daily Southwest flights all year round would be a dream come true from Atlanta. On the dates that Air Tran does not fly, right now looking out past 4 months, Delta is charging air fares equivalent to Christmas fares.
    You won't be seeing the same fares once Southwest takes over. While they don't get as high, you rarely get tickets at Air Tran pricing. Southwest gets more revenue per passenger than just about any carrier in north America.

Aruba since 1979
    time will tell.
    i hope airtran/swa merger goes thru and that the daily year round swa/airtran flights become a reality.
    and so we wait.

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach

Great Prices

Checked prices for begining of April and they are great, hope they continue...

We are taking Airtran to Aruba in late June. I waited and waited and checked every day for the Airtran summer flights to be released. The price on Airtran was much lower than any other summer rates and I was afraid they wouldn't come down on othe airlines. It's such a relief to have the flights in hand. Then we know we really are going - trip number 10 coming up less than 6 months and counting!

I just wish they flew more than just weekends 14 or 15 days too much, and 7 or 8 is too little