Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Travel Delays Due To Recent Furlough Of Air Traffic Controllers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I have that one bookmarked on my phone along with this one. http://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/ It gives a little more information, once you figure out the shorthand.
    Thanks Chadd for that great link.

As of this very moment,
    Newark has the longest delay-- 63 minutes
    JFK delays are 31 minutes
    La Guardia delays are 51 minutes

EWR & LGA reason-- WEATHER / WIND
    JFK reason-- OTHER / STAFFING

As the crow flies, EWR & JFK are 19 miles apart so weather is NOT affecting JFK but it is EWR
    LGA & JFK are 9 miles apart and weather is affecting one but not the other

Who is fooling who here and who are the idiots?

Actually, that's plausible. A change in wind direction can cause a major shift in runway use. In fact, when JFK had to change over and take arriving aircraft on 13L, it forced EWR and LGA to change their arrival pattern and shut down TEB entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Actually, that's plausible. A change in wind direction can cause a major shift in runway use. In fact, when JFK had to change over and take arriving aircraft on 13L, it forced EWR and LGA to change their arrival pattern and shut down TEB entirely.
    It is fantastic then that only 1 airport of the 3 had delays due to the sequester

The Senate passed legislation today that will allow them to use other funds to pay the controllers, the House is supposed to take it up before they leave for vacation tomorrow.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I was watching the departure actual time from Newark and depart from Aruba on united for the past week (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) and it has arrived in Aruba and arrived back in Newark usually 15 minutes earlier. now I know they add extra time to the flight time to make up for delays in departing but I don't care. I can't answer for other destinations as I'm only concerned with Aruba, lol. So, so far so good. Of course we don't leave til the end of September but let's hope for the best.....

I had a family member who flew out of Newark to West Palm Beach last night. His flight departed about 75 minutes late and this was at 10:15 pm

Congress will fix it through September and then we will be back to the same issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12