Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travelling from Canada to Aruba, specifically YEG and YYT to AUA

Travelling from Canada to Aruba, specifically YEG and YYT to AUA

Hello everyone!
    I am thinking of having a destination wedding in Aruba in May 2017. I know that's a long ways away but I figured I used this extra time in researching flight and hotel information.

It seems like flights are about 800-1000, maybe 700 if there's a sale. I was wondering if anyone has any information, or tips regarding booking flights in Canada, as well as any information or group bookings. Also, has anyone got a cheaper rate (from Edmonton, AB and St. John's, NL)?

Thank you!

Kathy

group booking with Air Canada you will get a discount in airfare. Westjet, you won't get a discount. Advantage for both is that payment is delayed (I think AC may have changed that) and you don't need to provide names for the actual ticket until right before you travel. I would also check US Airlines as once you have to get on a plane to get to Toronto, you can also fly to the US and then continue onto Aruba. We don't live in TO so we regularly use the US carriers.

Group sales are for 10 or more people. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by katbho View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I am thinking of having a destination wedding in Aruba in May 2017. I know that's a long ways away but I figured I used this extra time in researching flight and hotel information.

It seems like flights are about 800-1000, maybe 700 if there's a sale. I was wondering if anyone has any information, or tips regarding booking flights in Canada, as well as any information or group bookings. Also, has anyone got a cheaper rate (from Edmonton, AB and St. John's, NL)?

Thank you!

Kathy
    Check out sunwing.ca as they sometimes have discounted fares and packages. You can sometimes save money by booking one way flights (e.g. Fly down on WestJet and fly home on Air Canada) depending on the time of year you're flying.

Good luck!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Quote Originally Posted by katbho View Post
    Hello everyone!

Thank you!

Kathy

Thank you very much! I hope I can find some deals

Hello again!
    I've been quoted, $3000 Canadian per person for 7 nights at the Divi All Inclusive, including flights (from either Edmonton or St. John's, NL). That sounds a bit high in my opinion, so I'm just wondering if there's any Canadians here that thinks the same? Or should I be expecting that? Thanks in advance.

That's $3000 all in (flight, hotel and meals - does it include liquor)?

Given where you're flying from that actually sounds like a bargain to me... flights from Toronto to Aruba (direct) can usually be a third of that.

And what time of year are you getting quoted for?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Hi Randi,
    Sorry, I should've mentioned this is for May 21-28 2017. I understand this is way in advanced, but I was hoping to get a ball park of some figures so that my guests can have time to prepare/save up.

Thanks!

We've stayed at the Divi a number of times and usually book on one of their 50% off sales. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for specials. Last year we were there in May and the price was $331 per night (US dollars) for 2 people all inclusive. Airfare from Boston was around $1075 for two people, direct flight, round trip. I don't know the current exchange on the Canadian dollar but thought these numbers may still help out. Also, if you contact the Divi through their website they will send you email alerts when they run a special.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast