Aruba Beach

Thread: Trip in June

Cool Trip in June

Hi Aruba Friends!
    I will be making my first trip to Aruba this June. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on when to buy the airline tickets. I will be flying from Pittsburgh. The tickets seem very high at above $600 Any info is greatly appreciated!!!!
    Luke

Airfare from Pittsburgh

Luke, if we could only go back in time! Airfare on airtran.com seems to be cheapest when the dates first come out. We got tickets for Pittsburgh to Aruba for the last week in June for $455 - bought them in December. Sometimes airtran flights go on sale the closer you get to your date. They only fly on Saturdays from Pittsburgh. If it doesn't help you for this trip, maybe you can check airtran out for your next trip. They are much higher for June right now than they were in December.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

I think you should purchase tickets as soon as possible. We purchased our tickets for our trip in march, 3 months ago. I just happened to check the price today, out of curiosity. Our round trip tickets including taxes cost $1,013. Todays price for the same tickets, is $1,954. Prices seemed to have skyrocketed in recent months.
    We wish you the best of luck in the ticket search.
    Our tickets are for two people.

Prices for Delta out of Atlanta have held very steady for June. With that said though, their price for June is higher than it has ever been for that time of year in the 10 years we have lived here. Right now the price is only $50 cheaper than what we paid a year ago Christmas.

I just checked and jet fuel is up nearly a dollar a gallon over last year at this time. Airlines are going to be very cautious with their pricing until they see some indication that it will stop going up.

Question The best time to buy airfare for trip in june

Does anyone know when the best time is to buy airfare for our trip in June. Should we purchase them now or wait until the dates get closer for cheaper rates. Any suggestions????? Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    where are you flying from?
    are you flying on a fri/sat/sun?
    ps.....welcome to the forum!

Unless you are flying from an airport such as the NYC area where there is a LOT of competition or have access to budget carriers such as Air Tran or Spirit, I would probably go with a fare you feel remotely comfortable with, bit the bullet and book now.

As of 2/11/11, jet fuel prices were up almost 50% from one year ago. Add in the current events in the middle east and I for one am not optimistic that the prices will be going down anytime soon. I hope I am wrong, but...