Aruba Beach
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ballhogz6
  • 1 Post By DiviDiviFan
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By Chadd

Thread: Trying to bring balashi home tomorrow

Trying to bring balashi home tomorrow

Any comments? I want to throw a twelve pack of balashi in my check in luggage on my delta flight from aruba to the USA. Anyone thing I will encounter issues with security? Thanks for any feedback... Sad to leave tomorrow but i will return soon!

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park
    Quote Originally Posted by ballhogz6 View Post
    Any comments? I want to throw a twelve pack of balashi in my check in luggage on my delta flight from aruba to the USA. Anyone thing I will encounter issues with security? Thanks for any feedback... Sad to leave tomorrow but i will return soon!
    The last 2 times I've taken home 24 cans of balashi but I purchased it from the duty free shop in the airport. I would have taken more but they only allow us 24 cans duty free in Canada.
    Aruba Trip #8....March 2018..

We have hard sided luggage and fly Delta.

After New Year's we brought home 12 glass bottles of Amstel Bright which was purchased at Super Food.

Dh wraps the bottles individually with our clothing.The bottles must be cushioned with other clothing in between them to act as a cushion. They are spread out all over the middle of the suitcases. Again it is important that the bottles, though wrapped in clothing, are not near one another.

We claim it on our Customs form and have never been questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhogz6 View Post
    Other than the novelty is there any reason you want to bring Balashi home?

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Other than the novelty is there any reason you want to bring Balashi home?
    My brother likes the balashi chill brand beer. I do as well. Thanks for asking lighthouse. Thanks to you others for the helpful input. Will do a solid write up of my experiences on the way home tomorrow night.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Hope your balashi's made it home safely. I may have to use Lisa's advice and bring some brights home this year by wrapping them in clothes. God knows I have enough clothes to pack them safely

Aruba since 1979
    if you feel that your clothing as cushion is not sufficient (and in a hard sided suitcase it really is sufficient) bring some bubble wrap for extra cushioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Hope your balashi's made it home safely. I may have to use Lisa's advice and bring some brights home this year by wrapping them in clothes. God knows I have enough clothes to pack them safely

On one of my first trips, I had already maxed out on my rum allotment and threw a case of Balashi in my checked bag. I didn't know how much I could bring, but I claimed the value on my customs declaration. When the customs agent asked how much beer I had, I responded; "How much can I have?" He shook his head. rolled his eyes and sent us on our way. I found out later that I was way over the limit.