Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: TSA warns of long lines for March/Spring travel

Aruba since 1979

TSA warns of long lines for March/Spring travel

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...-airport-lines

Please leave yourselves 3 hours going to Aruba AND Please leave yourselves 3 hours for travel off Aruba.

Thanks for the post. I have a question for you Andrea. My flight leaves at 7:20am in April, my ride comes at 4am and I should arrive by 4:50. I have never waited more than 40 minutes in Boston, would you change your pickup time for if you were me?
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 03-11-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    if it were me, i would keep it as you have it scheduled.

yu will be able to check in online and print your boarding pass? do you have check bag or only carry on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Thanks for the post. I have a question for you Andrea. My flight leaves at 7:20am in April, my ride comes at 4am and I should arrive by 4:50. I have never waited more than 40 minutes in Boston, would you change your pickup time for if you were me?

I will not check a bag as long as my fan fits with my other items...I need sound to sleep so I bring my fan on all trips (small) As far as printing my boarding pass, I am not sure. We typically don't print out our boarding passes before boarding because we have always checked bags. I may have to look into it.

Thanks for the article Andrea. Going to Puerto Rico next week on Friday.

I left Aruba yeaterday after being there for three weeks. The departure area for United was very crowded with long lines. Since I have premier access with United, I bypassed the long lines and went directly to the front. (That saved about 45 minutes). Next off to Aruba immigration- that was a breeze, maybe a ten minute wait. Next off to the 1st security line- maybe a 10 minute wait, not too bad. Walk thru airport and get to U.S. Customs where there had to be at least one hundred people waiting in line. Since I have Global Entry, I just walked to the right to use a kiosk. I scanned my passport, took a photo and answered the questions and was finished within 5 minutes.

So between having premier access with United and having Global Entry, I estimate I save about 1 1/2 hours not standing in line. I highly recommend signing up for the Global Entry as it is well worth the $100.00 and saves a lot of standing in line time.

I will not check a bag as long as my fan fits with my other items...I need sound to sleep so I bring my fan on all trips (small) As far as printing my boarding pass, I am not sure. We typically don't print out our boarding passes before boarding because we have always checked bags. I may have to look into it.
    Have you ever used one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...nd+Conditioner

We have one in Toronto and in Aruba - smaller than a fan and creates good white noise.

We also have an app on the iPad if really desperate.

Yes, I had an awesome sound machine for years and years.....then it crapped out on me and I have been to lazy to buy another one, lol. Maybe you just motivated me, I will look into these.

Act- you should be in sales...I just ordered one, thanks for the motivation.

Act- you should be in sales...I just ordered one, thanks for the motivation.
    And now there's some land in Florida I'd like to show you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast