Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By arubabob
  • 1 Post By rob o

Thread: U S AIR being fazed out by AA

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course

U S AIR being fazed out by AA

American Airlines said today that they will begin fazing out all U S Air flights by October. They will be replaced by AA flights according to a spokesperson in Dallas. Translation: If you depend on U S Air to get where you want to go, forget about it. You will now take AA, IF we replace the U S Air flight and don't just terminate it. Be interesting to see what changes will be done on those routes.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    What does this mean for those of us already booked with a USAir flight? I realize they have merged, however, my flight is actually on USAir with a USAir confirmation/code? Should I be concerned about my flight in November being cancelled? I am guessing perhaps it will just have a new flight # using AA?

I am sure they will take care of you because they have been merge for awhile now. It will still be a good idea to keep checking or call them. After all, you don't want to miss your ARUBA trip!!! Ha! Ha!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    I am sure they will take care of you because they have been merge for awhile now. It will still be a good idea to keep checking or call them. After all, you don't want to miss your ARUBA trip!!! Ha! Ha!
    I know, I just had a moment of stress I know it was silly (lol). I actually check my flight everyday just to make sure time/seats have not changed as they have in the past.

Interesting...
    We booked our flights a few months ago for our Xmas trip and got amazing prices. We were thrilled to have found great flights and the best prices we had in years. About one month after booking I noticed that the first part of our trip (we travel on two flights) the route was canceled. Called USair and was told due to the merger many routes were canceled but it might be temporary. The agent advised me to wait as it was so far in advance route could be put back on. WRONG... I took my money back while I could still get cheap flights on another airline. I was not going on three flights if by chance the routes did not reappear. They have no concept that the offer of money back a few months before you leave isn't much of an offer as flights are so expensive at that time.

Now, I am going to assume that many of the popular USAIR flights are not going to be canceled due to the merger? For example, the USAIR flights to Aruba from Philly are always full and popular as our the Charlotte flights, why would they cancel those?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Interesting...
    We booked our flights a few months ago for our Xmas trip and got amazing prices. We were thrilled to have found great flights and the best prices we had in years. About one month after booking I noticed that the first part of our trip (we travel on two flights) the route was canceled. Called USair and was told due to the merger many routes were canceled but it might be temporary. The agent advised me to wait as it was so far in advance route could be put back on. WRONG... I took my money back while I could still get cheap flights on another airline. I was not going on three flights if by chance the routes did not reappear. They have no concept that the offer of money back a few months before you leave isn't much of an offer as flights are so expensive at that time.

Now, I am going to assume that many of the popular USAIR flights are not going to be canceled due to the merger? For example, the USAIR flights to Aruba from Philly are always full and popular as our the Charlotte flights, why would they cancel those?
    They probably won't cancel all of the Aruba flights, it's just too lucrative for them. We fly US Air every year, but last year an American flight was tossed in the mix. This year all of our flights except 1 are on American and we booked the entire trip on usair.com. I've been travelling a long time and these mergers take place and it takes a while for the routes to get settled into place, but believe me the airlines aren't going to cancel any flights that make crazy money and are packed every day. It might take a while for the dust to settle, but the flights will be there regardless of the name painted on the jet. FWIW, I really miss Northwest, especially for travel to the Orient.

Aruba since 1979
    the transition from air tran to swa was easy and hoping the same for usair to aa!

remember Chadd who was a frequent poster here? he was a flight attendant for us air.
    i wonder what will happen to jobs during the transition?

Let's face it, airlines are notoriously poor decision-makers, which is why there have been so many bankruptcies. What is ironic here is that American Airlines appears to be absorbing US Airways when, in fact, I believe it is the reverse. Yes, they've made a decision to continue using the Amarican Airlines name, however, it is American Airlines that went bankrupt leading to this, not US Airways.

American Airlines and US Airways, two of the very wost (from a consumer reliability viewpoint) merging, I shudder at the thought.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Let's face it, airlines are notoriously poor decision-makers, which is why there have been so many bankruptcies. What is ironic here is that American Airlines appears to be absorbing US Airways when, in fact, I believe it is the reverse. Yes, they've made a decision to continue using the Amarican Airlines name, however, it is American Airlines that went bankrupt leading to this, not US Airways.

American Airlines and US Airways, two of the very wost (from a consumer reliability viewpoint) merging, I shudder at the thought.
    Unfortunately the company is being run by the same people that were running AA in Dallas. Few changes in upper management. We have a very large AA maintenance facility here that employs around 8,000 people directly so AA news is local news.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

remember Chadd who was a frequent poster here? he was a flight attendant for us air.
    i wonder what will happen to jobs during the transition?
    Yes, where is Chadd? Haven't heard from him in awhile!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents